Audiophiles must be careful with their remotes, vs. items on ebay.

Yes, anyone can loose a remote especially when moving.  That said, I have never lost a remote and neither have any of my friends or relatives.  The thought is not AudiogoN, but the number of items missing remotes on ebay can make a person wonder about that unit's history and ownership. 

Kind of like a camera, car, computer, or other consumer item that are missing something....I can't say I have noticed much of that, but ebay audio components with missing remotes is fairly common.  I guess that should not be a concern, as I have lost a few ladies in my past.....I could swear they were just here a little while ago?

whatjd
Yes, using both Audiogon and AudiogoN was one of Arnie's last attempts to leave his mark or franc or peso on the site....
I thought the OP was was going somewhere along the lines of hinting that a piece available on eBay sans remote may have been obtained illegally, such as a smash and grab home invasion where the thief wasn’t being very picky about what they leave with
A good thief finds the remote first , then the component. Another good quality is definitely spelling. Get the right remote! The Sony goes with the Sony component, not the Sonny, or Sunny... etc.