REVIEW: Roger Waters, “Us And Them” (Live)

I was really excited about this one, pre-ordered it months ago, received it yesterday. The recording is excellent, impeccable Sonics. Roger Waters has been doing these songs (he wrote most of them) since he left Pink Floyd in the 80’s. If you have any of his live concerts on CD or LP, or have been to any of his live shows, then this will be all too familiar.

He has pretty much milked to death the entire Pink Floyd Catalogue since the mid 80’s. If you have never heard Rogers spin on these songs, then you are in for a treat, if you have heard them, then do not waste the money. It is the same rehashed songs he has been playing for the last 35+ years. Personally, I am extremely disappointed. I already have his other live albums, “In The Flesh”, “Live In Berlin”, “The Wall Live”, and this is just more of the same. I was super excited to receive this album but I would have been better off spending my money elsewhere. Sorry guys and gals. YMMV.
128x128stereo5
this is why streaming makes perfect sense.

i saw this album a couple days ago on Quboz in 24/48. my system does large scale progressive rock (Pink Floyd) superbly so i figured i would try it.

i own all the Pink Floyd albums in multiple media (all levels of digital, vinyl, and tape) and have for years, and all the live versions. yet with streaming, why worry? just listen and if it’s fun keep listening.

so this morning i did listen to 30 minutes of ’US and Them’ and enjoyed it.....love the sound and it was different than other versions in a good way. so i will go back and sample my way through it as the mood strikes me. no; i won’t buy it.....but i can enjoy it and not get my panties in a bunch that i’m getting ripped off. this is more like hearing classical music in different performances. in fact; this is exactly what it is.

not all contemporary pop music holds up to this degree of versions. but IMHO this music absolutely does. it's......Classic.

i have the music on my own terms.
Yeah, there seems to be a lot of this type marketing and it all started with the King himself, maybe before but surely then. I admire Waters' songwriting and of course everything he contributed to Pink Floyd as they are one of my top 3. I wish egos weren't such a fragile thing because the split leaves us wondering what might have been. 
Though he and Gilmour have both enjoyed solo success both indeed still do rely heavily on their Floyd souls and songs. I spend a lot more time in the early years when listening to Floyd but Division Bell tops the pile for me in completeness of an album and Gilmour's guitar is sublime. Wish Roger would see a shrink and get over his daddy issues.
I’ve been to several of their shows- awesome!  I really enjoy them as theater and societal reality checks, but at times the anti big money anti American  agenda can be a little much. The guys worth almost a half billion dollars.
stereo5
Thank You for your honest opinion and review.
Do you own The Early Years and Later Years mega-boxed sets?If so, what are your thoughts?

Happy Listening!