Manufacturers

I find it interesting that some manufacturers and retailers in the audio industry consistently make themselves available to their customers while others completely ignore them. I scratch my head after going to a small volume speaker manufacturer's web site (Brooklyn NY based), send a note through the email provided on the site and ask "I'm interested in a pair of your xxx speakers (retail is $9k) and have a few questions about them, my room and electronics. Can you let me know when we might get on a call pls? "

And get no response - so far for three days. 

I call the number- leave a message. 

No call back so far.

I see the owner posting on Facebook regularly and a year ago I'd sent him a similar note, trying to get on a call with him.

No response. Then I posted in the comments area on his posts- Hi XXX, pls check your messages here, I'm trying to get in touch to ask a few questions about a pair of your speakers. A week later I get a "sorry, I don't check messages much here" response. Not a "Hey, sorry I missed this, pls call me to discuss and happy to help"- just a note that offers no interest.

In the year that I've tried to reach him I've bought Harbeth 30.2's, a pair of Proac, an Odyssey amp, a JL audio e110, a pair of SVS subs, a Denon HT amp and more (different systems around the house). I'm actively growing my systems.

Is his boutique business really that good that he can't be bothered to respond to a potential customer?

Meanwhile, the founder of a much larger Colorado based electronics company posts daily, has blogs, videos and much more always responds to a comment or question on a product - his or something else- without fail and is engaged and interested. 

128x128cowan217
 had great success talking to the owners of Raven Audio, Tekton, Magnepan, Focal, and Viking Acoustic.  I find the smaller boutique companies are way more responsive.  I hate when I don't get a response from emails from Companies.  I love Lumin and have owned multiple Luminn DAC / Streamers including the X-1 but I have had absolutely no luck in getting them to return any questions I have.  That really bothers me.  
If you have been attempting to open a discourse with Professor I. Lirpa in regard to...

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/test-report-lirpa-labs-liberty-freedom-1776-fy-tower-speakers...

Well, good luck with that.

Otherwise your situation is a bit odd, but these are far from normal times with hundreds of thousands of people recently deceased stateside along with millions and millions and millions of people currently infected with the same virus that killed the 200,000+ previously mentioned.

DeKay
Are they still accepting orders?  Maybe they are out of business.  Remember counterpoint?  Mike had the website up for three years even though he was not doing any upgrades or repairs.

Go figure.
Forget about manufacturer, they at least have things to do.

About two years ago, I called a store, real brick-and-mortar store to be clear. I wanted to buy a CD player and asked where could I see it and very likely pick it up. I was ready do drive a few hours to get it. Well, maybe in our location closer to you. Well, but it is almost a holiday. Well, the guy will come there after the holiday. Well, we’ll call you when we are ready.

I guess they were never ready.

After a few months, I remembered the CD player again and bought it from a dealer a number of states away.

What is the store for, if not to communicate with customers?
Well, I think the owner’s behavior is understandable. Some people don’t want their business to be their whole life, and like to have versatile life... by the way the Colorado based guy looks kind a bounded to me :)