Amp matching for Klipsch Forte III

I'm considering a pair of Klipsch Forte III, and I was wondering what amplifiers folks are using with them. I would be using a Pass Labs XA-25. I'm currently running the XA-25 with Zu Audio Soul Supremes. I listen to mostly 50s, 60s, 70s rock (rockabilly, 60's garage/psych, punk, power pop), funk, soul, instrumental and vocal jazz (esp. female vocal), classic and alt country. Thanks for your comments.
128x128funthings
Klipsch " Heritage " speakers are fun, and I am glad folks besides myself, think so. I have spoken here and elsewhere, about damping the mid horns ( the greatest improvement ), the tweeter horns, the woofer and passive woofer frames, and the cabinets, all to clean up those nasties, that ALL stock Klipsch, have. Louder volumes, the more this is noticeable. Many YT videos on what and how to do it. Dynamat is the go to product for this, but there are many other products that can be used. Peel and Seal roofing repair tape can be used and does a great job. Enjoy, be well and stay safe. MrD.
Klipsch Forte IIIs were my first high-end speaker and I played with low-wattage SET amps mostly.  They were so much fun and so revealing!  It seemed I could drive the Forte IIIs with the wattage generated by a lit match!  I noticed pretty quickly, though, that there was a harshness to them with poorer or more processed recordings (although with some many variables in a system, who really knows the cause).  Bob Crites, by email, suggested I try a fabric-based midrange dome (rather than titanium).  I never did that, though (scared of ruining the speaker).  I wish I had read more about the damping treatments that have been recommended here.  

I don't use the Forte IIIs as my main speakers anymore because I discovered the joys of single-driver (plus subwoofer) speakers for imaging precision, something the Forte IIIs were not as good at (lack of time coherence??).  My Omega Alnico driver has nicer midrange than the Forte IIIs as well, although dynamics are not comparable.

BTW, I also use Pass XA30.8 power amp w/ tube preamp.  Great combo!

Try getting them spread as far apart as practical. Then fire each speaker at your opposite shoulder. This should have the axis crossing very slightly in front of your listening position. This worked for me when I had the Forte IIIs and works very well now with the Cornwall IV.

Oz

have run with rogue 180/belles 350/prima luna all with good results..look at gr research the make an upgrade kit that brings these to a new level and may adress some of the issues