House buying and the aspiring audipihile

I’ve been looking for homes in the south. Final destination to be determined.

One of the features I’d like to have is decent potential for a great listening room, and doing so has made me feel like a true rare breed. What I mean is, it is so rare to find a room I think would work great for music. There’s a fireplace, or windows or odd shaped living room to throw off my aspirations.

What I’m reminded of, again, is how very very different the average consumer’s listening room and priorities are compared to audiophiles or moviephiles.  It is clear to me that if you want to be a very successful speaker maker you need to make speakers which still sound good even as they vanish.
erik_squires
Grey9hound,

My daughter has lived in the Asheville area for about 12 years now and we've visited lots of times.  Yes, the Mellow Mushroom is a wonderful place.  There are other really fine pizza places, Pizza Mind, Galactic Pizza Asheville and we get a Mediterranean pie from the Apollo Flame Bistro that we like.
Asvjerry,

Good to "connect" with you.  I did join the Carolina Audio Society, but I suspect it'll be a while till we meet "in person".

No bumper stickers on either of our cars!
OMG, had forgotten about the Mellow Mushroom!!! I used to live in Atlanta and we had them.