Oldest Recordings that sound “audiophile”

Wondering what older recordings people have heard recently that they think to be “audiophile” worthy?

For example I just listened to “You Keep Coming Back Like a Song” by Dinah Shore from 1946 and it sounded like Dinah was in the room with me.

Probably remastered but so what, that counts!

When was the first “audiophile” worthy recording made, I wonder? How far back can it be?
128x128mapman
Miles Davis: Kind of Blue. I know this goes without saying. Been issued and reissued many times, each saying this is the best. Vinyl is the best, but I'm not sure of best quality issue. (question for Michele Fremer) Have it on recent digital reissue. Recommend for even people who hate jazz. 
@chrismini,

"Vinyl is the best,.."

If one record has persistently eluded all of the best efforts of digital to get close to the original vinyl release, it’s this one.

I’ve heard far too many digital versions and none of them, not even the Sony SBM remaster came close to capturing the warmth and body of the 200 gram Classic Records Reissue.

Apparently it was mastered by Bernie Grundman, and for once with success.

https://www.discogs.com/Miles-Davis-Kind-Of-Blue/release/1800281

The original 1959 ’6 eye’ pressing is almost as good sonically, just a touch less vivid, but certainly not worth the usual asking price.

The Mo-Fi reissue is also highly rated as is the 45rpm 2 disc version of the Classic itself, but I’ve not heard either. To be honest I don’t particularly want to, for me the 209 gram Classic is more than good enough.

Here’s Mike from theingroove.com sharing his knowledge. As a caution he mentions that there are many damaged copies knocking about.

https://youtu.be/rm7l57TfOjY

Jo Stafford/Art Van Damme Quintet-Once Over Lightly.
Columbia CL 968 Mono 6 Eye 1957.
Found a mint copy(jacket and vinyl) at a thrift store for 49 cents.

Is not comparable to most audiophile recordings, Recorded in mono it does have that beaming effect but the sound is very natural.