Audiophiles must be careful with their remotes, vs. items on ebay.

Yes, anyone can loose a remote especially when moving.  That said, I have never lost a remote and neither have any of my friends or relatives.  The thought is not AudiogoN, but the number of items missing remotes on ebay can make a person wonder about that unit's history and ownership. 

Kind of like a camera, car, computer, or other consumer item that are missing something....I can't say I have noticed much of that, but ebay audio components with missing remotes is fairly common.  I guess that should not be a concern, as I have lost a few ladies in my past.....I could swear they were just here a little while ago?

whatjd
i think if someone is looking for a particular piece of equipment they will already know that a remote should come with it.

I think The OP meant to say - Anyone can have a loose remote ..., as in not tight. 
Stupid dogs think they are chew toys. Can't go the the remote store like when it happens to a phone.
You'll find that missing remote hanging out with the socks that escaped from the wash/dry interval....and that drug that got dropped and disappeared.  Yeah, that one that would likely be (if not lethal) a life-changing event for the pet....:-/