Am I too big of a jerk,even for audiogon?

Let me explain. I have extremely high and very vague standards. I look down on everything, and I mean everything, never talking about specifics or my own point of reference. I’ve looked down not just on people and equipment but science and facts as well. They are far far beneath me.  It is all too much for me to explain, but I am sure you are all doing it wrong.  WRONG, with a bold, underlined and hooker-script WRONG font used here.

I start these crazy troll posts which are incredibly successful in nabbing a lot of the regulars in audiogon.

I should be very happy with myself, but sometimes I have to wonder if my level of jerk is too much for all of you too handle. I’m trying to blaze a path, but are you with me audiofools or not???
erik_squires
@stereo5

+1

Case in point, I hate all Class D amplifiers and nothing will ever change my mind. Every time you posted about Class D and I disagreed, you went off on me in a bad way, even suggesting I never listened to the amp you were talking about when in fact I had. You are big on DYI audio and you seem to expect everyone to embrace it.

and I have mentioned this before in that not everyone is into the DIY thing....and you keep pushing and pushing it.

you remind me of the person at work that thinks they know everything and no matter how you tell them to just go with the flow of things, the person still doesnt get it and nobody wants to work with that person.     

Post removed 
Yes you are a jerk!

You make little sense as usual.

You seem to be a want to be engineer type.
You are big on DYI audio and you seem to expect everyone to embrace it. You fail to realize that there a lot of us older guys who aren’t into that, can’t solder well (me) and would probably screw up a good piece of equipment by modding, etc.

I will always be a fan of DIY. I’m no more pushing it than others push tubes or horn speakers. Don’t like it, fine, but don’t be mad at me if I suggest it for a particular use case or if it comes up regularly from me. It’s not like it costs you money to ignore my suggestions. Often enough, if I suggest a DIY project in a thread 1 of 10 will think it’s a cool idea and try it.

I do not expect everyone to embrace DIY nor do I look down on those who do not. However, I think our hobby was built by modders and that the more people in the environment with first hand knowledge the better our hobby is. Otherwise we are too apt to accept snake oil salesmen and pitch men’s word for things.

I am not so much pro DIY as anti consumerism as the measure of an audiophile. Maybe I should be asking everyone else, why are you always pushing more shopping?  Why is a more expensive component or speaker necessarily better for me?

Case in point, I hate all Class D amplifiers and nothing will ever change my mind. Every time you posted about Class D and I disagreed, you went off on me in a bad way,

The usual slurry of anti-Class D diatribe I read comes from those completely unwilling to discuss their particular and specific circumstances. Statements like "I hate all class D" makes me wonder how it’s possible.

I’ve always encouraged those I disagree with to be specific. What system, what did they listen to and what are they comparing to. It’s impossible to disagree with experiences, but broad brush strokes against a technology are equally impossible to assess.