New Mark Levinson 5805 Firmware Problems

Greetings.  I'm new to this group.  I wanted to share my experiences.  I bought an ML 5805 that was delivered first week of February, 2020.  I updated the firmware to current version 1.47.  Upon doing so, the PCM digital filter choices "disappeared" from the amp menu.  Also missing was the decoding info provided when the Enter button is pressed.

Levinson customer support said no one else had reported this but me and seemed to try to "blame" it on me, asking such questions like, have I had a power outage, has the unit been moved, have I disconnected/re-connected wires, etc.  After being put through the wringer and providing them their requested information, they had me do a Config Restore to the previous firmware.  When I did that, the PCM filters and decoding info returned, but, if I customized ANYTHING in the amp (i.e. startup volume, offset, naming of inputs, etc) the PCM filters and decoding info disappeared again.  At one time, the amp went into Standby Mode and could not be awakened--it had "died."  This inferred to me that both firmware versions have bugs.

So, Levinson and my Raleigh, NC dealer (who has been terrific about this) provided a brand new replacement 5805 today.  The dealer's tech person installed it, updated the firmware, and, drum roll please...the exact same problems occurred with my new replacement 5805.  The dealer's tech said it appeared both firmware versions had bugs.  This so-called luxury amp has worn me out.  I am ready for a refund and a replacement product.  Does anyone have recommendations for a superb-sounding integrated amplifier for around the same price range +/-  $2K to $4K?
paulg24
Well, my replacement Levinson 5805 just died after 6 months, completely. No lights no nothing.
I think Levinson developed the 5805 in a rush job. no_money and I have had 4 units go bad between the two of us.  
This unfortunately sounds very familiar to me. Since 1 week the 4th ML 5805 is installed in our within a year. And also no 4 shows exactly the same problems as paulg24 described. My local dealer here in the Netherlands does his utmost to help me, but now also realises that I have lost all faith in this very well sounding machine (if it works). What a shame for such a well known brand, but for me no more ML's in the house. 
Sorry to hear about your issues as well. Jact. ML could really have knocked it out of the park with this one @ this price point. It really is great sounding. See if they have a 585.5 they can loan you. It certainly is beefier and has been out for over 5 years now. 
UPDATE:  My local dealer gave me a reasonable trade up to a Mark Levinson 585.5.  It doesn't have some of the features that the 5805 had, but features are no good if the equipment keeps dying.  My dealer's rep said he believes that the earlier serial #s machine had the problems.  Assuming firmware upgrades on the older machines, that doesn't make sense to me unless Levinson also changed some hardware in the newer machines.  Any, so far I'm happy.
Hi, I'm having similar problems with one of my No.53s. I went away for a few days in July. Just out of an abundance of caution I turned off all my ML equipment and unplugged everything; just in case a summer storm popped up while I was out of town. When I came back one of the 53s refused to come up. It's been out for service for 2 months now and no idea when I'm getting it back. When I bought my gear I returned a 519 and a 523 for really poor fitment issues. The cases didn't line up properly and sitting across the room you could see the problems. Btw, I had firmware upgrade problems with my 53s too. I think quality at ML is seriously suffering. I hope we all get our issues resolved properly.