How much overhang is ok between a speaker base and the stand top plate?

This thread extends another I posted about "mass loading" stands.
As I mentioned in those threads, I’m choosing speaker stands for my Salk SS 6M speakers. They measure:

20” H x 9 1/8” W x 14 5/16” D

There are many options for speakers stands, but the choice is complicated by the size of the speaker’s width and depth.

Many stands feature a top plate that is 6" x 6" or 6" x 8" or 7" x 7" etc.

On *any* of these top plates, my speaker would hang off the sides and front/back by at at least 2-3 inches.

For example, I’m considering Target stands but am not sure if it’s worth spending good $$ on a stand if there is this amount of overhang.

Seeking opinions about the "overhang" issue between speaker base and stand top plate. How important is this for the sound? How much overhang is too much?

And if it was necessary to have a top plate made locally to go along with the stand, would I just affix it myself? Have it welded on? I didn’t want this to get so complicated.

Thanks for your opinions.
128x128hilde45
Right.  Then as long as the speaker is secure and not easily tipped you should be fine.  Unless you have considerations like cats that like to jump up there.  I don't think the overhang of the speaker will affect sound quality in any way.

Rule of thumb: if the speaker falls off the stand, you have too much overhang. Also would always recommend heavy metal stand over wood, despite the aesthetic appeal of wood.
“Rule of thumb: if the speaker falls off the stand, you have too much overhang.”
^^^^ 😂
"Rule of thumb": If I fall forward off my bar stool, I have too much overhang.

I suppose "too much overhang" = "over-overhang"

Not to be confused with "over hungover."