Goldring 1042 Anti Skate Too High on Dead Wax

Hi all,
I have always set anti skate as per the title  near the vinyl label with a slight movement towards the spindle.
Just bought a 1042 and can’t set it low enough to stop it sliding to the outside. All set up on my Notts space deck with 9’ space arm. Set up perfectly (he says).
Does anyone have experience of this or what might be the cause.
VTF is 1.8g
Dist of bearing to spindle is 210mm.
Tonearm level.
Platter level.
Aligned using Notts template as usual.
Previous carts such as a lyra Helikon have set up fine but still quite low force needed, probably 1/4 of available.
If I hold the anti skate counterweight up so no anti skate the tonearm stays still???
Answers on a postcard please!

nedhogan
Hey it sounds a lot better at 2g by the way. It also seems to have toned down in only about 4hrs of run in. They say it takes 40. I'm looking forward to what it's like after then.
Post removed 
I got a helpful email from Goldring but the fact remains that if I take the bias weight off completely and just have the self weight of the lever, that is enough for it to go flying off towards the outer limits in the run out dead wax. It goes so fast it jumps a few grooves before it is stopped.
It is so strange as the sound seems OK though. I am worried though that it isn't right as it is so strange. I don't want to be wearing out my records or the expensive stylus.
It has always been that in such a case it would be the opposite and would be wrapped around the spindle before you know it.