Miracles in Audio, by luck, by good choices,by design or by tweaking...

I owned a low cost headphone for many years, the Fostex TH7B, first version( a new one close version exist Fostex TH7BK), semi-open headphone...I was never completely satisfied by any headphones I ever owned: Hifiman 400, Stax basic lamda, Stax 5 gold,Akg 340,Akg 701, beyerdynamic 990, and T150... Because in each of them with all their qualities I never listen to at the same times, a confortable headphone with natural timbre and voicing, with a good imaging and a realistic soundstage(not too close to my ears)...

For the last days I tweaked this Fostex, to damp his internal resonance I used sorbothane, I put some shungite stones at the exterior part of the cups and I use some Herkimer diamond in the interior pads( 3 at 120 degree) … Now this low cost headphones crush all my others if I sum all his qualities... For example his mids and voicing cannot beat the AKG 340 but among all my other headphones it is the best that is near that mids and it is more confortable, and with longer cable than the 340...His imaging is better and more realistic than the 340 etc etc...It is the same if I compare with the others...

His most important qualities is natural timbre and clear imaging,very precise pinned point accuracy and natural, so clear it crush for that ALL the others to dust...In the French audio circle the reviews were more than very positive few years ago...Diapason d’or and choc Classica...I am not the only one impressed buy the ratio quality/price... But remember that thesae reviewers dont tweak their headphone...The difference between before and after the tweaks are staggering...

Yes Miracles happens in Audio: cost is under 100 American dollars... Few years ago they cost me 50 bucks new... I never dreamed that I will go back to headphones...

I will enjoy your miracles stories of any kind ….My best to all...
128x128mahgister
@sgordon1 says he puts them on top of components. Why?
I dont know  except if he use some springs only for tuned mass damping...

UPDATE : "Singing resonators" improvement...

I improved my "singing resonators" not only by adding micro herkimer diamonds and tourmaline beads around them, i also add a big chunk of shungite (elite variety) +a big herkimer diamond in the middle of the 7 glued together buckets...

I keep 2 sets of seven buckets, one set in a corner of my room, at right of my listening position; another set under the ceiling in the middle of the room; all 2 sets oriented toward the speakers....

The change in the sound is very audible and can be adjust or modified by the different stones, in number or by their qualitative difference....The sound can be made more toward higher frequencies or bass one, the criterium is always a better timbre....

At cost of peanuts, anyone can transform the acoustic of a room....It is not perfect, but at this cost the change/ money ratio is spectacular....The change is there in near listening and in regular position, nullifying the belief that music in near listening position is a good solution in a non controlled room....

Always listen to timbre, not to the frequencies first.... Choose different timbre to compare....

How in the world a shungite chunk of 100 gram +an herkimer diamond glued on these metal buckets can change completely the sound ?
Good results(my interpretation) or bad for other ears than mine, never mind, the true question is how crystals like H.D. or minerals like shungite can have a strong impact in the room acoustic?

My room has never been better....

Each weeks in the last year i learn something new.... Nobody teach me that, all my results were experiments in listenings.... Not tweaks....Tweak are a product ready made, all the same for all people rooms...

My device  has been created for my room and ears..... But anybody can try  them with varying materials to adjust the idea to his room and system....

My  devices are NOT tweaks.... They are   device adjusted and calibrated for a particular room, mine, they are   born from a method of experiments in listening in the 3 dimensions, mechanical, electrical, and mainly acoustic....

Dont throw your money, Hi-Fi  may cost peanuts, only sellers will contradict that and those brainwashed by their publicity and their own  costly ownership.... Be creative and have fun listening....

My best to all....

Addressing vibration control of a component
can be attacked different ways.
I was happy with the way I was supporting
electronics and speakers.  Now this is enhanced further by
minimizing the vibration of the electronic piece itself.

I have used various foam pieces of different density
and size, shungite, and PPT mats.  The "spring sandwiches"
work as well, or better, than those, for me.
I use them exactly in the configuration in which they were shipped,
with no manipulation of the springs.

They are easy to place and cost "peanuts."
They are easy to place and cost "peanuts."
Thanks sgordon....

I concur with your experience....

My best to you...