Glue from inner sleeves leeching onto records

I have gone through some of my collection of 'audiophile' records that were pressed at RTI pre-2010 (Cisco, Analog Productions, Classic Records etc.) when they used an inner sleeve that was made up of paper on the outside and a poly liner on the inside, which was held together with a line of glue about 1" from the perimeter.

I have found quite a few records with these sleeves where the glue has leeched onto the vinyl. I tried cleaning it off at first with my Degritter RCM, but it did not remove much.  I also have a Keith Monks Gemini RCM, but it won't be ready for use for a little while.

I was curious if maybe using one of the 'glue' record cleaning process might work for this?  I never thought I would try such a cleaning method, but it may be the best for this scenario?

Has anyone had this issue and found a successful way to clean the glue off the records?

Thanks
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xrich121
mijostyn, rich121,

Be careful with  CRC Brakleen - it contains mostly  Tetrachloroethylene (Perchloroethylene) which is a chlorinated hydrocarbon (most CFCs solvents stopped manufacture 1996).  If you use CRC Brakleen read the MSDS carefully -  http://docs.crcindustries.com/msds/1008012E.pdf.  The solvent PERC (once used by many dry cleaning establishments) is a strongly suspected human carcinogen and while non-flammable if exposed to heat `~600F can form deadly phosgene gas.  PERC as addressed in the MSDS should only be used in very well ventilated areas.  
Tom Port looking better and better all the time
@millercarbon  I'm sure Tom and your credit card company will be very happy to hear this 😁

@rich121,yes have seen this myself too on a few earlier releases from Cisco and a few Classic records. Once I found this on one, ditched the inner sleeve on all of the records from that vendor and replaced with new discwasher type sleeves.

Also of note if you have any of the music matters 45 rpm pressings with the light pink inner sleeves, get rid of them and replace with something better. they will leach plasticizer deposits on the vinyl over time,.

if you have any London Decca records with their original sleeve, (the clear plastic pvc type) replace those as well, they will leach plasticizer from the sleeve onto the vinyl.

As far as removing it, pretty tough....have not had much luck with any mild solvents.

If you find something that works, please post....
thanks