Viva Solistino Amp

Viva Solistino amp?

I am considering purchasing the above amp.

I have poured over previous Viva threads, which mostly cover its big brother. And so far all are positive regarding the performance of these amps. The dealer that I’m working with says the Solistino now share the same transformers as the Solista and has “…closed a fair gap between them…” The difference in price between these two amps is $ 4500.00 dollars and I cant justify this spread.

I would be interested in any comments from current owners and their experience with Viva would be appreciated.

My speakers are from Daedalus audio “Argos” which are rated 97dB efficient. There is nothing wrong with my current tube PA +SS amp by Modwright. But now I'm  curious about the tube experience. My system is listed on the system page.

I know that Viva does not encourage tube rolling, not sure that’s a big deal as of now. And that this amp does run hot.

Other amps I have considered is the MasterSound Compact 845 and the Ayon Crossfire. Both are less than the price of admission of the Viva.

128x128maxboy00
Well the Viva is still front and center in my system. I am still using the stock tubes that came with the amp, but I plan on replacing them early next year.

The Viva mates very well with my Daedalus speakers, in its ability to drive them. The speakers sound good at low level listing and when I turn it up, but ….the volume is rarely is past the 9 o clock position. I particular like the fine imaging and rich sound stage which is very evident when listing, so far I have not experienced any compression or lack of head room. I also upgraded my DAC which has not hurt anything, to me, all my core components have good synergy.

No fan of subs in two channel, but I added a pair a few months ago…..thanks to A-gon forum, and this is where… the only thing that I don’t like about Viva…their web site has no information on any spec with their products, and their OM is just as poor. Aside from four line inputs, there an input labeled ‘D’ and ‘S’ with the sub connected to either the line or ‘D’ the subs were okay but the speakers were flat and lifeless. I moved it to the ‘S’ port and bam, the main speakers came back to life. On the plus side my dealer has been great, I have contacted him several times post purchased, including, the rear inputs on the amp, and he has been very responsive and provided detail information and explained what the rear inputs are designed for.

@maxboy00

Thank you very much.

I’m happy you are loving it.

If I’m not mistaken, D is direct for bypassing the pre section and S is a subwoofer out.

I also agree about the lack of information and specs on the website, it’s a little frustrating.
Yes the D input is a direct connection for a preamp and S is for the sub should be self explanatory, but with no info from the OEM, it was trial and error. 
Hi maxboy00,
It gratifying to read that you are very happy with the Viva SET  amplifier.  I believed it'd be an excellent match with your speakers and expressed this several years ago in this thread. Congratulations and I wish you many years of enjoyable listening with your fine audio system. 
Charles 
@charles1dad 

+1 on the fine sentiments to @maxboy00 . 
It’s awesome when someone finds a piece that they love.
More to discover