For anyone who moved from tubes to solid state — a question

I'm the happy owner of a fairly new tube preamp and monoblock amps. I love it and have bought new tubes. To have another option for warmer weather or possibly a second listening room, I got a very good solid state integrated. I've run the tube preamp with the solid state amp and it sounds quite nice. I love all tubes, too.

But this question is for you. Please forget the convenience factor for a moment, including the issue of tube replacement etc. Also, forget about those cases where you bought new speakers and needed more power, etc.

Assuming you had quality tube gear with sufficient power — here's the question if you abandoned tubes for SONIC reasons:

What what is that tubes couldn't give you?
What did your solid state gear do for you which was so much better that you divorced to marry anew?

I'm curious about what people list as the positive sonic reasons they love solid state (including A, AB, D, etc.).

Thanks.
128x128hilde45
It seems like every time I hear the term "tube sound" as it relates to solid state, it only addresses a perceived softer tonal balance, but misses the "view" into the recording studio that I get from tubes, so it ends up kinda dull.  Inversely, the SS amps that aren't "tubey" sound brighter but without the transparency, which sounds exaggerated to me.  Is it one of those "you don’t know what you’re missing" things if you haven't experienced it, or have SS amps really improved their transparency, (and not just test bench performance)?
It's fun to hear so many views and experiences. It's clear that it's not possible to avoid a "this OR that" conversation when it comes to tubes and solid state. That's fine -- Audiogon threads are more frequently like pub conversations than anything else, and that's fun.

Still, I'm glad that my OP use the trigger words "made in China" or there would have been a second sinkhole in the thread! Cheers!
"Made in China".  OMG! *L*  Yes, that would launch an entirely separate line of 'discussion'....

It sometimes seems like anything audio that hails from 'the Far East' (to use an old romantic phrase) is suspicious, as the Chinese are born without ears (smooth on both sides!) like proper automatons....🙄

Obviously, that renders them tasteless and unable to discern 'proper audio....*tsk tsk*  The poor devils....

It is astounding how much of the current items that drive civilization forward come from our Chinese breathern.  And that consequence drives them as well, as with nearly all other nation-states...

But, as long as there's a desire to have Ferrari performance at the price of a Yugo....
I used to be on the Hamster Wheel, running in place between all tube systems, hybrid systems, as well as all SS

I have been very happy, giddy even, with my EVS 1200 class D driven by my Oppo 105 with linear power supply, 110/220 jumper bypass, and IEC upgrades; no preamp needed. Lots of $$$$ saved

You would be amazed
Can't correct it now, but I meant that my OP did NOT use the trigger words.

One thing this forum has taught me is that there are many paths to the top of the mountain (of good sound)  -- and *also* that there are different mountains!

Let 1000 flowers bloom.