Mcintosh MA-7900 home theater bypass with subs - not doable?

I acquired the MA-7900 and would like to use it in HT bypass mode.  I have my front mains and two subs (via Pre Outs) hooked up to the Mcintosh.  I want the front speakers AND subs to work on HT bypass, but can only get the front mains to work.  The subs will not play in "Passthru" mode.  

Does anyone know a work around to this or is this just a product of the amps age?  My Anthem has HT bypass for subs and mains.  
dtximages
I saw that there were 2 mentions in the owners manual on pages 5 and 20.  Not sure if that helps but am curious if you have the latest firmware upgrade? I have mostly McIntosh equipment and would reach out to a local dealer or the company headquarters and they will point you in the right direction.  
Hope this helps. 
@woots yes it mentions regular passthru which I'm currently and successfully using for the front 2 channels only.  I cannot get the subs to work on Passthru which are connected to the MA-7900 Pre Outs.
OK.  Got it.  I would try a McIntosh dealer or the factory.  There is a very helpful dealer in Ann Arbor, MI called Paragon Sight & Sound.  Ask for Matt.  He can assist over the phone and guide you in the right direction. Let me know how it works out.  Which Anthem do you have?  I have a Statement D3. Lastly, don't forget to make sure you have the latest firmware upgrades on both the Anthem and the McIntosh.
OK.  Got it.  I would try a McIntosh dealer or the factory.  There is a very helpful dealer in Ann Arbor, MI called Paragon Sight & Sound.  Ask for Matt.  He can assist over the phone and guide you in the right direction. Let me know how it works out.  Which Anthem do you have?  I have a Statement D3. Lastly, don't forget to make sure you have the latest firmware upgrades on both the Anthem and the McIntosh.