Ohm Walsh 2000 vs MMG vs Vandersteen 2ce Sig?

Ohm Walsh 2000 versus Magneplanar MMG versus Vandersteen 2ce Signature II? How does they compare with respect to speed, dynamics, tonality, texture, detail, tranparency, extension and sound stage?
pmboyd
MMG's are better than the other 2 and not by a little bit.
THE problem is that they are thought of "starter " speakers when they are really more "end" speakers in that they need the best of amps, pre's , and wire to do what they can , not to mention a lot of audio savy with room placement, none of which the average buyer of these has.
I've heard 50K systems which sound worse then my MMG system..
MMG
sound anchor stands(tilt to taste)
Byryston BP-6 or Modded PAS 3
Van Alstine synergy 550
MIT CVt2 IC's
Cambridge 740 CD
Analysis Plus Oval 12 SC (CRUCIAL, this THE SC for MMG)
Audio Zen Tsunami Power cords all around.
this is an interesting discussion thread. Problem with the MMG is that Magnepan themselves describe the speaker as their intro product and that most owners will move up to their "better models" after experiencing the MMG. Doesn't exactly inspire me to purchase over a well developed and established product like the Ohm Walsh.
Ladavid, well Ohm's, ehich I've had, are sure plug and play,MMG's are not for the faint of heart.
I had MG12's - loved them and one of my audio regrets selling them. Never had Ohms though.
I've owned MMG's and Vandy 1C's and while they both have their strengths the Ohm's for me are simply better all-rounders. The MMG's are very beguiling on Jazz and softer rock like Steely Dan but they make very little bass, are not very dynamic and just don't cut it with hard rock. I didn't own the bigger Vandys but the 1C's were a nice polite speaker that didn't do much wrong but ultimately just never drew me in.

My 25 year old Ohm 3's satisfy me across the board with whatever I throw at them. The best compliment I can give them is when they're playing I don't really listen to my equipment anymore I simply enjoy the music and I can enjoy it anywhere in the room.