Turntable issue

Hoping to draw from the collective knowledge of Audiogon... I bought a Pro-Ject RPM10 and before it shipped to me it was working fine. When I received it, the platter drags on the bottom. This turntable has a "magnetic lift" to reduce the weight of the platter on the bearings. This doesn't seem to work (demagnetized?). Anyone seen anything like this before and can it be fixed?

I've been trying to contact Sumiko in US, but can't get them to reply
128x128audiojan
sumiko is known to be poor at being responsive to end users ... one of the worst customer service outfits in the biz

try the retailer instead... or any big project retailer... there are many, and one who knows the product may kindly help you
Audiojan, is this a used truntable.? The bearing usually has a ball it rotates on. If the ball fell out the platter will drag.
Make sure the bearing is perfectly vertical in the plinth.  If it has become loose or somehow angled there could be a small tilt allowing the edge of the turntable to touch.  This would be seen as the touching always in the same spot on the plinth.  If the platter is damaged in  its bearing attachment the contact could rotate around the plinth with the same spot of the platter being low and in contact or dragging.