the dB/octave specification of the crossover?

Hello,
I have a dumb question the dB/octave specification of the crossover. A speaker designer wrote on his Facebook that dB/octave is like the resolution of a television. For example, for the same set of drivers, if we apply a crossover with 12dB/octave, the sound won’t be as detailed as with a 50dB/octave crossover. If this is true, I wonder why there are many speakers with 12dB/octave only. Why isn't there a race in dB/octave just like 4k, 8k TV?
Thank you. 
Huy
Ag insider logo xs@2xquanghuy147
Danny Richie explains it all, in language we non-engineers can understand.

Of course he can,  he's not an engineer. At least, last I heard. He is a speaker designer. So he also designs most of the parts for his and some other speakers he's repaired..

He is an easy listen for sure..

The whole 6,12,18,24,48 db is how shallow or steep the slope is.

EX: 6db first order at 100 hz will still be working all the way into 200 hz or higher, though VERY diminished SPL.
At 48, 125 or so..... Stuff can get real BOOMY, with the SLOW roll off.
A couple answers, control the overshoot, or, quicken the roll off, add a (PR). there is a few ways..

Regards
I have a dumb question the dB/octave specification of the crossover. A speaker designer wrote on his Facebook that dB/octave is like the resolution of a television. For example, for the same set of drivers, if we apply a crossover with 12dB/octave, the sound won’t be as detailed as with a 50dB/octave crossover.

Bullshit. :)  Utter and complete nonsense.

The crossover slopes are chosen to be complementary to the other drivers as well as to minimize interference from one driver to another as you go off axis.

It does not improve your resolution in the way it is stated. There are some benefits to high slope crossovers, but even Joseph Audio, the most well known proponent of high slope crossovers seems to have decided they are not that useful.*

Best,

E

* I'm going from recent measurements of his speakers, which seem to use more conventional crossover designs.

Thank you everyone for the valuable input!

On his facebook, he builds speakers with TAD, JBL, Altec drivers. His crossovers looks very massive and impressive. I have been following his page until he made this statement which puzzled me a lot because there exist some hi-end speakers with only 12dB/octave.

I'm not an electrician either so I will check out Danny Richie video clips about crossover. 

@twoleftears :  I won't :)