the dB/octave specification of the crossover?

Hello,
I have a dumb question the dB/octave specification of the crossover. A speaker designer wrote on his Facebook that dB/octave is like the resolution of a television. For example, for the same set of drivers, if we apply a crossover with 12dB/octave, the sound won’t be as detailed as with a 50dB/octave crossover. If this is true, I wonder why there are many speakers with 12dB/octave only. Why isn't there a race in dB/octave just like 4k, 8k TV?
Thank you. 
Huy
Ag insider logo xs@2xquanghuy147
For a nice explanation of crossover design, watch the GR Research Tech Talk Tuesday videos on YouTube. Danny Richie explains it all, in language we non-engineers can understand. His videos cover a lot of loudspeaker design topics, a few of them specifically on x/o design.
A lousy metaphor indeed!
Where is the analogy between the resolution of a TV screen and the attenuation slope of a xover???
Danny Richie explains it all, in language we non-engineers can understand.

Of course he can,  he's not an engineer. At least, last I heard. He is a speaker designer. So he also designs most of the parts for his and some other speakers he's repaired..

He is an easy listen for sure..

The whole 6,12,18,24,48 db is how shallow or steep the slope is.

EX: 6db first order at 100 hz will still be working all the way into 200 hz or higher, though VERY diminished SPL.
At 48, 125 or so..... Stuff can get real BOOMY, with the SLOW roll off.
A couple answers, control the overshoot, or, quicken the roll off, add a (PR). there is a few ways..

Regards