What Combinations of Components Have You Put Together That Sound Good?

Please share the components you've put together that are a perfect match, where you have reached a listening pinnacle, so much so that you don't want to stop listening! 
high-amp
Hardware from Audio Research and speakers from Magnepan have had a long and happy relationship.  Before they "broke-up" and Wendell went from AR to M, this was a combo that was even marketed together.

I have this system, and I have yet to hear one that is substantially better no matter HOW MUCH MONEY you spend.

Both companies have much newer products today, and I am not saying they retained their synergistic qualities, but you owe it to yourself to LISTEN to a system composed of those items that is set up correctly in a room that is properly configured before making a buy decision.

It may not be your cup of tea, but at least you were exposed to as good as sound system as you will ever find and can decide what you like and don't like about it before moving on to whatever YOU like IN YOUR ROOM, of course.

Cheers!
Verging on vintage- A highly modified Rotel RCD 991 (Burson discrete Op Amp replacements, Dexa clock, higher grade audio caps in signal path, etc by Parts Connexion, Canada) to ARC Ref 3 to modified McCormack DNA 1 (SMc Platinum Ultra with Plitron transformer etc.) driving Thiel CS 3.6 speakers. Running dedicated AC line to AQ Niagara 1000 with Shunyata Alpha HC power cables and AQ Columbia XLR interconnects. Characteristics of this system are low noise floor and good dynamics with nice soundstage and good frequency balance. Pieces work in harmony having good impedance match between
pre and amp and amp is able to fill heavy current requirements of Thiels. Purchased every piece used over many years on a teacher paycheck. It would seem that the CD player is the weakest performer, but I have tried others that cost 2X or 3X without any great improvement. Hoping to score a used Hegel Mohican to compare in the future.   
No subs with the KK III's Doug?

helomech - was unaware of the  Stirling Broadcast SB-88s. I do know some Spendors can be auditioned locally though.

jred - LTA sure comes up a lot as a big positive!

asvjerry :-)

richopp - gotta hear myself some of those Magnepans, I think there is a dealer somewhere in Seattle. Which model are you currently running and do you use subs?

yabe1951 - ah vintage, I truly miss my AR 9 speakers, coupled with my Carver C500 power & C4000 pre amps, my Oracle turntable and Teac tape deck, all channeled through my SAE graphic equalizer!
For reviews of products I always start sans subs, then after adequate experience with the product, I roll in the subs.