Anyone else have issues with their CD player/transport not playing slightly damaged CD's?

Putting this out to the general audience for comments/impressions.  I had an Oppo BDP-103 CD/DVD player that would play nearly any CD you stuck in it, scratched or scuffed; if it started skipping or choking, usually the CD had a lot of scuffing or a large scratch on it, to which I understood and would go on to another disc.  I acquired a Cambridge Audio CXC CD transport, and it is much more picky about the quality; if the disc has the least amount of soft scratches or inner-diameter scuffs, it behaves badly.  I was wondering if everyone has these issues, is this a problem that affects lesser or better transports equally, what kind of transport you have?  
bikerbw
Agree with kijanki. Try cleaning the lens. There certainly are differenced in transport tracking sensitivity though.
I had a NAD 538 that when new had a hard time with disks especially CDR's. Traded up to a 546BEE that would play anything.
My Pro-Ject transport hasn't encountered any problems yet. I will test.
Thanks for all of the suggestions and your experiences.  It is a few years old, one of the first version and not the second. I have a CD cleaner coming but if I get some spare time I will open it up, and use a soft brush to clean the lens.  If I start having a lot of issues I'll be looking for something else.  I had a 6-CD carousel changer in my old BMW 328i (worst car stereo I ever had, incredibly) which scuffed a lot of my favorite CD's and made them unplayable in nearly everything BUT the BMW player.
bikerbw, I have two cleaning CDs: one with tiny rubber brushes and another with holes that create air turbulence.  The first one works better, but the second is gentler, being contactless.  Few people reported success with tiny amount of mineral (sewing machine) oil on laser guide rails. 

I had once Cambridge CDP with Philips mechanism.  It had magnetic clamp holding CD down. Felt on this clamp wore out leaving gap and CDs wobbled a little.  Since you will open it to clean with isopropyl alcohol you can inspect things like that as well. 

I have cxc. Its not about your lens or anything. Its just because purely the player. I have a problem same as you since day 1