Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
Where do tweaks end and where does re-engineering begin?
How about making a Moby enclosure out of Baltic birth ply?
millercarbon,

Where you work, in some corner, there is a crash cart. Check if there is electrode gel on it. It is designed, checked, and proven to improve conductivity between two surfaces. Place a thin film on/in your speaker terminals. Listen for results. If you do not like the way it sounds, clean it with...you know what to clean those gels with.

As a person who has heard Raven amplifiers, a couple of them, and Moabs many months before you have, I would second mapman and his recommendation to get Raven sooner rather than later. Raven (I think $4000-5000 range, but am not certain to the dollar) was truly enjoyable. I did not hear it with Moabs, though. It is great to play with tapes and gels, but Raven might be as much of a delight for you as Moabs are after Khorus. Then you can start another anticipatory thread.

Now, go. Three people already told you so. Get the credit card and become the one you think you are. Get the gel, too.
Any amp that tube rolling does not significantly impact the sound flavor has issues.

Wow and I thought I heard everything on this thread.

So far I haven’t found a tube amp I can say I care for. I’ve r
tried a few, mostly integrated and they put put sound, but that’s about all I could say. Not that I’ve tried huge numbers, prima Luna, octave, some chfi lines that got good reviews. The prima Luna dealer switched gears and had me listen to a McIntosh mc352 hybrid with tube pre and solid state amp. Wonderful amp. Everything g the full tubes were not. So I bought one. The mc252 is very similar with less power and closer to the price point I saw mentioned above. The 352 is 6500.00. I’ve seen threads on the forum where many people feel tube pre and solid state amp gives the best of both. This is my first foray into tubes for audio. All my guitar amps are tubes. 
FWIW if it were me, I'd go Class D with the Moabs.

Also MC, take a breath and consider updating your system pics to show the Tektons.  We all want to see. Some just to be sure your not just blowing smoke up our keesters.  I think you promised at some point but frankly have lost track.

The Raven amps are very nice looking.    Much better aesthetically than all these tweaks I bet.    Looks matter.  Post the pics!