Game Changing Tweak

I bought a pair of electrical devices called Electraclear from a company called AddPowr. They're simply plugged into an electrical outlet that's shared by your system. I paid under $300 for them and they've boosted my system's fidelity dramatically. In the 1800's,  a physicist and mathematician, Joseph Fourier, delved into the science of harmonics, and now the founder of AddPowr used these equations to increase the signal to noise ratio. (more signal=less noise) His devices act as harmonic resonators. He worked for a high-end audio cable company before focusing on this new range of products.
   I thought that when I first received the Electraclears, the difference would be subtle. To my surprise and delight, it was a stunning change. I was hearing music from the inside out. Cleaner, more dynamic, and a far greater and noticeable improvement than my power conditioner produces.
   I love finding inexpensive audio devices that work. The company makes other products, but I'd recommend a pair of Electraclears to start. 
bartholomew
Confirmation bias sells lots of products.  Whether it is a gadget that fools your carburetor into releasing the hidden power in the gasoline (sold with a rambling pseudo-science lecture on ionization), or a gadget you can plug in anywhere in the house to awaken your electronics and unleash hidden goodness.  The unfortunate truth is that the power supply in the electronics will convert the AC to a DC rail voltage (or voltages) before getting to work making music.  If it is a good power supply, nothing will survive the filtering and your gadget will allow the placebo effect to bask you in the warmth of $300 burning while doing no actual harm.  Looking at some of AddPowr's higher end products, they are willing to help you burn up to almost $4,000 on a box that simply plugs into an available outlet. Imagine the warmth created by that!
Still, with all the above being said. I tried a demo unit (Sorcer X4) couldn’t believe the sound quality improvement and then bought one. I have 3 dedicated 10 gauge lines , whole house surge protector and a Niagara 7000, 1200 and 1000 power conditioners.

Try to demo one for yourselves.

ozzy

+1 ladickinson! And your first post, too! You are a brave fellow to face down the Flat Earthers on this forum!
$300 is a relatively small price to pay to make a discernible, appreciable improvement in your audio system. Those of you who dismiss AddPowr products
out of hand are nervous about spending that sum because either you don't have the money or you're prone to an automatic self-righteous reaction toward anyone who claims to have invented something new. It smacks of the Inquisition. How can you make such pronouncements without first testing the product in question? I'm sure your money would be refunded by the company if you're disappointed with the results.  If you have ever visited an audio show, you can come in contact with electrical engineers who were involved in military projects like the development of the AWACS system or have worked for NASA.  Advancements in technology are ongoing, especially in electronics. To deny that is tantamount to burying your head in the sand. If you think interconnects from BestBuy are as good as any other, then these products are not for you.
Like everything else, only the ones who have tried it should have a say on whether it works or not. You can always try it and return it if it doesn't work for you.  No need to play the scientist or the prophet. Don't let the marketing scare you.  Most of the time the marketing group is totally independent of the engineering group and they don't necessarily see eye to eye.  I know many designers/engineers (Gallo, Carver to name two) who have walked away because they couldn't stand the marketing tactics of the company they work with. At the end of the day, things either work for you or they don't.  You just need the courage to admit it to yourself.