An EXPERIMENT for those who have never heard differences in cables

There are many here who have never heard differences in cables, I was there years ago until I read a post of someone preferring the sound of 28 awg magnet wires for speaker cables. I quickly drove out to my local Radio Shack and picked up magnet wires of various sizes (22-28 awg) to hear what it sounds like. I remember this being a fun experiment and a really cheap one that taught me a thing or two, I've gone on to experience many other cable designs over the years.

***Run two insulated magnet wire to each speaker (one for positive, one for negative) and use them in place of your existing speaker cable, the insulation on magnet wires are very thin and a little difficult to strip, sandpapering the tips may work. Connect them to the binding posts on your amp and speakers and let us know what you hear?
(Amazon also carries various sizes of magnet wires)
scar972
The coating’s usually referred to as, "enamel", which can be made of various materials.      ie: https://www.elantas.com/europe/products/wire-enamels.html      I’ve generally removed it with an X-acto blade and a light scraping action, toward the wire's end (on a flat surface), or- by heating with a soldering iron, lighter, etc (it’ll bubble up and wipe off).       Of course; changing whatever they’re using for magnet wire, will in no way tell how a good pair of speaker cables will perform, in one’s system.
Thank you for contributing @rodman99999 , agree...using an X-acto blade would also be helpful in removing the outer enamel.
Of course; changing whatever they’re using for magnet wire, will in no way tell how a good pair of speaker cables will perform, in one’s system.
This just gives people a chance to hear a difference, especially for those who have never heard a difference.
No doubt, here, there would be an audible difference.      Never, will I attempt to dissuade another from experimenting.      It’s always been my belief that the Dielectric Coefficient (and polarization) of any material, around a cable’s conductors, has much to do with it’s presentation.        That variable is mostly eliminated with magnet wire, unless it’s sitting on carpeting (imo).       Done correctly; magnet wire could potentially sound better, than what some are using.
There's stuff you can put on the outside of those wires that will make the sound so much better its hard to believe.