I think some cables are just a little too expensive.

A while back a shop I did business with carried Transparent Audio Cables. They were so expensive it was obscene. They did sound good, but you had to move up from the bottom to the more idiotically pricey models to start to feel the magic. It had been several years ago and I wanted to check in on my old friends at Transparent Audio. This is their top of the line speaker cable. Now if you don't have a problem with this whole cable thing, this might push you over the edge. I can't imagine a speaker that would need such a cable. Wilson? Rockport? What amp? You can buy a nice luxury vehicle for the same price as a pair of speaker cables? Nelson Pass would be embarrassed to see these monstrosities on one of his amplifiers.

https://www.transparentcable.com/collections/magnum-opus/products/magnum-opus-speaker-cable
128x128chrismini
I would hate to think reputable cable companies would try to fool us into thinking we can get a lot better sound if we spend a lot more money. So I did spend a lot more money on my cables because they sounded much more neutral, however with a slightly forward presentation, not warm but there was notably less edge on the crack of snare rim shots, slightly more air under orchestral strings without being too floaty, still have a well preserved image on delicate  garden music (you can actually hear the Petunias growing), a wonderful open, but slightly restrained sound on Norwegian Death metal. They also have a masculine look  without being offensive to those of a more gentle nature. Also they don't need batteries.
Nice. That's about $6 worth of laminate print over ABS to emulate carbon fiber. Good biz if you can find a buyer!
Cable threads are not worth participating in much anymore.
why not?...I find them extremely interesting...it is a good measure of the sanity of our society..
There are regular cables, and then there are cables with a built-in network/component, the two are totally different animals. A lot can be done to change the sound with a network connected to it.
What will they come up with next, a cable with drivers at the end, and still call it a cable?