Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
Post removed 
If devices are direct coupled to the floor they all move together.
If devices are decoupled from the floor then the device is free to move from motion below and above as well as any self generated motion or resonance will remain in the system and become part of the signal. Tom
 I see evidence for both coupling and decoupling speakers / floors and more importantly, have heard lots of opinions on which type works better in a given circumstance (system to system). I feel it is best to try and see what works. I have not yet tried springs, looking forward to some opinions on results here.
I’ve got springs on my Moabs (6 on each) and mag-Lev feet on my 4-10 subs (6 on each). It really cleaned up the giant mess of vibrations I had kris-crossing through my floors and walls.there is pics on my system page.after I did all 4 speakers I really cleaned things up. Here’s a link talking about it all.
 https://youtu.be/BOPXJDdwtk4

heres a link for magnetic repulsion feet

www.solidairaudio.com

ii made my spring feet
@theaudiotweak
I do understand your concern, and it’s been the technology that has pervaded the audiophile community for some time, rigidity and spikes. It was only through a trusted friend of my employer, who had investigated claims made by other audiophiles on other forums, that lead to experimentation to which I was present.

My ears heard the distinct superior resolution from the isolation, and it was no small difference.

Because I know that it works, experience has verified it many times.
I am going to try and explain why I think it works (I admit that this is my hypothesis, and I don’t have scientific method to move it forward to theory nor do I wish to bother trying).

I will attempt an analogy: When a loudspeaker is voicing it will excite the cabinet (actually, even the driver baskets) this vibration is not unlike a car being driven down the road. Now I know the car is moving, but for the sakes of this analogy we’re going to access the idea of relativity using the car’s position moving forward as our source of reference. The car is moving up and down against the differing position of the road from the position of the car. The car is moving up and down, and relative to the movement of the car so is the road moving up and down, the springs are used to attempt to make the car’s undulation more linear.

The car uses springs to regulate the amplitude of the kenetic energy by delfection. The spring changes shape to absorb and realease the resulting forces against it. It does not have perfect deflection qualities, there will be absorption, even without shock absorbers in a car. (I am not going to get into the tuned mass damper in this discussion, but it is the shock absorber for loudspeakers). http://www.audiopolitan.com/blog/eti-amg-toppers-review/

It is virtually impossible to stop the loudspeaker from moving, and from having it’s resonant frequencies, what springs potentially do is mitigate against the amplitude and move the energies into different frequencies, just as it makes the ride in a car smoother, it makes the movement of the loudspeaker smoother.

Then considering the energies, for example low frequencies that travel down into the floor and up into the other speaker/s which makes for a really bumpy road! Depending on the frequency being produced, distance between loudspeakers, amplitudes of energies and interpolation occurring during such an exhange.. the ride gets a little bumpy.

That is why a rigid substrate under the springs is like a smooth road, and a soft and yielding substrate is more like a rough road, and potentially like driving on corrugations!

@squeak_king_77 - EDIT: you have peer and beam floors right? millercarbon is going to test the springs and he has peer and beam also. Might be of interest what happens after he bolsters his floor from underneath.