MHDT Orchid or Audio Mirror/ pick one for me please

I have been looking around at my first streaming system ever, never even owened a dac. I have owned a Ezemplar Audio tube Denon 2900 and Exemplar tube Oppo 105 for the last 15 years, others have come and gone these always stayed. I mostly listen to records. I have been looking at dac's for a couple months and these are the 2 tube dac's I am considering. Solid state I looked at RME, Border Patrol, Ayre, Mytek, Chord and others. I like how the Orchid can except so many tubes and likes mods. Audio Mirror looks interesting I understand maybe more detail,  which is important. Both are in my price range, I want to start out slow and not spend to much on first purchase in streaming. I will also need a cheap streamer. Thanks for any suggestions. I'm kind of lost!!
paulcreed
Again, my opinion, it is far more musical than either of the above DAC's.
It has both detail, superb sound stage and imaging.
The tonality is also splendid.

I owned the Audio Mirror Tubadour III SE DAC.  It sounded wonderful.  I only sold it because I got an excellent deal on a mint DirectStream DAC. 

Marian do you mind if I ask did the Orchid sound better or worse than your Exemplar Denon CD player? I still have my Exemplar Denon 2900 and love it with Amprex SQ's. Some times I prefer it to the Exemplar Oppo. What did you use to stream into Orchid? 
MHDT Lab Orchid here.

Several friends also run the Orchid and Pagoda. We like it, R2R ladder implementation and all. One buddy runs the Pagoda in a recording-master studio. I demo’d the highly regarded Benchmark Dac3 B myself. Preferred Orchid for home audio, no fatigue.

All have A/B’d them several times with onboard DACs in various streamers and CD players continue to comment to this day just how much better it really is with the MHDT DAC. I really enjoy mine, it really opened another door for folks who did not wants spend thousands more on streamers and CD players. Focused on DAC, tubes, cables.

SUPPORT:
The owner/designer of MHDT Labs has been real good to all of us, dealing direct, or you can go to LTA in the USA too. One guy had an issue but it was his fault. They took care of him. Either way works.

CHIP:
Still running the stock TDA1541A chip and known others to change it with moderate success. The stock chip works just fine. Beware of fakes if you try to replace it.

TUBES:
The unit responds favorably to tube changes depending on what you are looking for. The stock GE5670 5Star Triple Mica is not bad, more detailed. For a tad softer, many of us like the Tesla 6CC42, and for even more laid back the Western Electric WE396 was very smoothed over, too much for my rig. Still running the Telsa in mine, less bright than the GE.

CABLES:
Input: also responsive to higher quality SPD/IF Digi COAX, with OCC copper vs. OFC copper. Compared many times to optical and USB.
Output: same goes here, benefits from OCC copper over OFC, or it has in my system which tends to be fairly transparent and revealing of changes.

CAPS:
The stock coupling caps are pretty good as-is. Just for grins a buddy and I both I went for it and changed them out for a higher grade Mundorf Silver/Gold Oil and one other brand. It might have made a small difference over a long settling period. Stock caps are fine as-is, pretty nice, if you just want to leave it alone.

Can't go wrong with AudioMirror too. Nice stuff.  Happy with my MHDT Labs so far.  Good luck.  
Another Orchid owner here, my first stand alone DAC and streaming Qobuz with a Node 2i. I can listen for hours at a time, no fatigue, very smooth yet enough detail for my ears. Using a Luxman integrated wIth Harbeth SLH5+. I'm using the upgraded tube from LTA, haven't tried any other tubes yet.  

I have professionally reviewed both Dacs (The Orchid for Six Moons the Tubadour SE III for Stereo Times) and own both of them. If you want to discuss this with me, just shoot me a message and I'll get back to you.