Mat for Rega P10

I decided to start this discussion to hear different experiences from Rega RP10 and P10 users. I know Rega does not suggest replacing their own, supplied with turntable, mat as doing so can degrade the sound but I have to say that I am loyal opposition to that concept, looking for replacement ASAP.

I know Framer recommended the Stein Music The Perfect Interface Carbon mat but $625 for mat is quite steep I think. Even the cheapest one is $250 and I do not consider It a bargain. 

Does anybody here use either of those two mats and can share some insight as to why they are so expensive and if they really make that much of a difference?

arturgorniak
@arturgorniak 

The Teac mat is VERY thin.  It's not as bad as the mat that came with the Sumiko Analog Survival Kit, but you'll need to keep the residual static electricity at bay or it will come up with the record.

I use one on my custom VPI table that I still use the screw-down clamp with, that requires the use of that delrin washer over the spindle.  This helps keep the "washi" mat on the platter when you lift off the LP.
@arturgorniak ,

The MyMat is just 1mm thick and used in conjunction with my 5mm Achromat, on either of my tts, it improved the sound of the Achromat.
I just got a TEAC washi mat for my Rega P8 because the Rega mat would come up when flipping or changing records sometimes due to static. This type mat came highly recommended and eliminates static. It's just 1mm thick and so far for 5 days it sounds better - a little tighter/more exact, although that could just be a placebo effect and it is very subtle. Being 1 mm thinner than the Rega mat should not cause an audible difference from the cantilever angle standpoint. It is very stiff - almost like a record because of the material in between the 2 washi sheets. Pretty cool looking too. The long time owner of a stereo store said he has one on all 3 of his tables, but he is not a Rega dealer. To be honest, I was not looking to improve the sound which is great, just to eliminate the static/mat lifting problem.

For all you Rega haters complaining about the lack of VTA adjustments on their arms, there are things called spacers that can correct for cartridge height. I guess if your cartridge were shorter than Rega's it could be a problem. I don't see anyone in the market with better value arms than Rega.
Artur, You got seven suggestions for a turntable mat, among the more than seven posts above, and no two persons agree, although some choices eventually received more than one vote each.  That should tell you something all by itself.  Platter mats are like seasoning on fancy food; they make a significant difference, and what one person will like vs another is a matter of taste.  I could tell you what I like, but I have never even heard a Rega turntable to begin with, so my preferences would be meaningless to you, because I believe the platter itself makes a big difference in how the mat "sounds".
@sokogearThanks, I got the Teac mat and am using it - I like how it stays put on the platter. I like the way it looks as well.

Thanks.