Cary Audio CD 306 SACD player (non Pro version)

I purchased a used Cary CD 306 SACD player about 2 months ago. This is the one that was released right before the CD 306 SACD Pro version. My unit was manufactured in 2006. 
I have been enjoying the sonic quality and musicality of this machine and everything have been going smoothly with few minor quirks every once in a while but nothing major and does not affect playbacks or performance. 

Anyways, I've been playing CD & SACD discs with no issues except for this newly acquired Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here SACD that I recently purchased. My Cary simply wouldn't read this particular SACD disc. It said "no disc" on the front panel display. I took it out of a disc tray and put in other SACD disc and the Cary was able to read and play it just fine. All other SACD & CD discs were played just fine except for this particular Wish You Were Here SACD disc. I found it pretty odd.

Anyone having the same issue or problem with this Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here SACD with either the Cary CD 306 SACD player or any other CD/SACD players? Or does anyone know what seems to be the issue? 
Thanks in advance. 

dilatante
Post removed 
My newly purchased Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here SACD is the only disc that my Cary player fails to read and play. It says "no disc" on the front panel display. But all my other SACD & CD discs are able to play just fine. I found it very odd.

However, yesterday I tried playing that exact same Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here in my Oppo 105 universal disc player and the Oppo was able to play it just fine. But of course sonically the Oppo 105 does not perform on the same level as the Cary CD 306 SACD player. No comparison. The Cary is in completely different league and the two are at different price points too. The Cary CD 306 SACD original retail price was $8k whereas the Oppo 105 original retail price was only $1200. Not to mention that the Cary is a dedicated stereo audio only player whereas the Oppo is a multi-format universal player (AV player).

Yet the Oppo is able to read and play any media discs I threw at it, including this Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here SACD disc that my Cary failed to read and play. It said "no disc" on the front panel display. That’s the only SACD disc that my Cary fails to read and play. I found it very odd.

Seems like the laser needs replacement. Pretty common issue with an older disc player. I would contact Cary Audio and see what they have to say.

@dilatante  do you still have your Cary SACD 306?  I am looking for one.  Let me know please.

bigkidz

I am looking forward to your next Cary over-haul(Modding).

Happy Listening!