Is Wife Acceptance Factor (WAF) sexist?

Believe our addictive hobby is primarily male dominated. The technical aspects seem to appeal more to men. Or is that in and of itself sexist. There are now a few knowledgeable and astute women reviewers. I am always intrigued by the comments off the few women who identify themselves by name on the Forum. One in particular is quite long winded. I'm sure this has nothing to do with her sex. Although he/she has a name which could be male or female. I always love it when my wife comes to look at the record sleeve of the vinyl playing and rely on her opinion of the fidelity. Not to mention desire and count on her approval of new purchases. But is she also addicted? I don't think so. Does that have anything to do with being a woman. I don't think so. Does she care about the fine nuances? She says not. I would love to hear from women and anyone on this. WAF? I care a lot what things look like. HAF?

mglik
One of my audio buddies was preparing his house for listing with a real estate agent, who asked that he remove the giant speakers, but he refused, and the agent had the staging company deliver some very large plants to place in front of them for showings!
Yes it is sexist, if only because "wife" implies marriage and marriage is and always has been a sexist institution, even in its new more inclusive forms.  Now if the question were: "Is Domestic Partner Acceptability Factor sexist?", the answer would be "no".  That's because all it just voices the fair demand to make sure you respect -- indeed actively care about -- your partner's preferences for how your shared space should be occupied and arranged; that, of course, should be mutual, and exercised with generosity on all sides.  

That said, it is too bad that the "best" sound is to be had in big spaces (unsurprisingly, given the normal contexts of live music), because very few are fortunate enough to have a big space to call their own.  Being a passionate hobbyist is about minimizing compromise, and sharing a space absolutely demands it.
If singingtheblues were suddenly struck deaf, I imagine he would find that he now sorely missed his wife's so called "whining". mm4, that was a good one! 👍
So, I became attracted to my wife for several reasons. Of course physical attraction was important but other factors contributed.

One of them is that I was amazed at the different point of view she had compared to mine. She looks at things differently, see’s beauty in things that I would have ignored and is much more emotional.

My stereo system? She has absolutely no interest in it. She also has ZERO interest in visiting Audio stores / shows. Actually, I have met only a few woman that do! I do see a few women at some shows but they look like they would rather be somewhere else. I wonder why?

Is there a difference in male /female? Of course! Enjoy it!

ozzy