Analog Upgrade - Phono Preamp or Cartridge?

I've seen dated threads on this type of conversation but hoping to get some feedback from the forum on what their recommendations would be for my specific set-up, which is:

Amp: Hegel 590
Speakers: Focal Kanta 2
Sub: REL T9
Streamer: Blusound Node 2i
Turntable: Rega P6
Cartridge: Rega Exact 2MM
Phono Pre-Amp: Moon/Simaudio 110LP V2 Phono Preamplifier

Long story short, I'm hearing a discernible improvement going from analog playback to digital playback. I'm in no way an audiophile, but to me the analog set-up lacks clarity, mid-range and feels more "compressed" relative to the digital versions.  This becomes even more discernible when I can compare Hi-Res / MQA utilizing Qobuz/Tidal vs an LP.  I can appreciate there may be cases where I'm dealing with a weaker quality LP vs. digital but even with new records (180 gram to boot), I'm still hearing a pretty big difference.  

My hunch is that I've just got a superior digital set-up when you take into account the DAC Hegel puts in the H590. Am I crazy to think that based upon the analog and digital components I have?     

Considering the 110LP has flexibility to handle moving coil or moving magnet, would you recommend I upgrade the cartridge first?  If so, what cartridges do people recommend in the $500 - 1,500 price point that reproduce a natural sound with great clarity?

Or would you get a top tier phono preamp first? If so, what preamps are worth checking out in a similar price point?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated from the forum,
Craig

craigjacoby
@tablejockey thanks Tablejockey.  I noticed there’s the Ania and the Ania Pro.  If I go this route, I’m tempted to go with the Ania Pro as publications like EAR have reviewed it really well.  Think it’s worth the extra $300?
@chakster yes, that’s the cartridge I have on the RP6. It was bundled from Upscale Audio. I had issues when it originally arrived as the connections to the cartridge were actually wrong.

I do not. Is there a way to find out what it is for a newbie like me?

My advice is to stay away from any Rega cartridges.

Tonearm is RB303 or RB330 ?

The RB330 arm has an effective mass of 11g.

You need a mid compliance cartridge for this tonearm. Victor and Audio-Technica MM cartridges are mid compliance. You could also look for Garrott Brothers cartridges. But I could help you with Victor and spare original stylus. 

What’s your budget @craigjacoby ?

VPI has better options and better upgrade paths than Rega IMO. Consider VPI for longer term goals such as speed control, better tonearms to optimize better cartridges, heavier plinths, etc. 
 If so, what cartridges do people recommend in the $500 - 1,500 price point that reproduce a natural sound with great clarity?

Sorry, I missed that you already stated the price range. 
At lower side I'd recommend Victor X1IIe, at the higher side i'd like to Recommend Grace LEVEL II with not very high compliance stylus (there are many).  

"I’m tempted to go with the Ania Pro as publications like EAR have reviewed it really well.  Think it’s worth the extra $300?"

craigjacoby-I'll backup here. IMHO you're in the diminishing returns area now. As mentioned earlier reviews give perspective, but aren't the end all.

As you see, there is conflicting advice to not even bother with a Rega cart for your Rega table, and consider other brands. Audiophoolery gets extremely subjective at this level.