What your choice speakers with spikes or speakers with a vibration isolation device?

I am in the camp of vibration isolation. I think it makes sense that the less energy transfer into the floor goes into the air. I found these really cool magnetic isolation feet that I’ve never seen before. They are very affordable, the guys are from England. Here’s a link, The company is called solid air audio.https://solidairaudio.com
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xraysmtb1

@raysmtb1, looks like you went with Solidair Audio, the Ukishima Aluminium isolation feet, six of the 10 kg. feet for the 4-10 sub and six of the 15 kg. feet for the Moab?  I see you passed on the their suspension bridges which would have added significant cost.  I suspect you used the remaining hardware from the spring elevated feet you had there before.  The reason I am asking is the Moabs are on my shortlist of speakers.

Wife and I are going back and forth on setting up a dedicated home theater/hi-fi in one of the spare bedrooms upstairs (carpeted) vs. the living room (laminate wood on concrete slab).  If I get the Moabs, and end up with alot of vibration, regardless of which room, I would want to purchase them asap.  So conservatively, I believe I should include them in my budget.

@oldhvymec,

’If i had a wooden suspended floor I might consider isolating the stands from the floor- it might provide the best possible sound but would be a compromise compared to a more solidly mounted system on a solid floor.

The best all around for a room is solid, no doubt. I have a few way I can go, including outside in the summer months. Raised floors are probably the hardest to control. I’ve found large soft decoupling silicone isolators work very well too. I’m just a decouple guy... From my primary LP playing days, and still do, just a lot of streaming, servers, CD, a little Reel to Reel. There is no need for AS much vibration control.. as before.

For me it’s bass distortion more than vibration control, NOW.’

My experiences too.

I think decoupling/isolation is more critical, if like me, you have suspended flooring and close proximity to heavy traffic etc.

@raysmbth1,

’I’ll stop now I always hate it when guys go into goofy metaphors for how things sound.’

Yeah, me too, especially when experienced reviewers do it - they should know better. No one likes over the top stuff but I’ve got to ask, do you still feel the same about the Mag-Lev feet under your subs?
#cd84

that’s amazing you figured out exactly what I did. I reuse the spring one from the subwoofer and put them on the Moab. Both systems work great. The mag Lauv works excellent but is more expensive Van the spring version. I think they both sound exactly the same. If I had my choice I would stick with the spring version. It’s less expensive and sounds identical to the maglev. Both systems use a inexpensive speaker out rigger kit I found on Amazon. The springs are more work because you have to Epoxy the springs into the aluminum feet or else it tends to fall apart while you’re assembling the feet and turning the speakers back over. If you have any more questions just ask, you’re welcome to send me a personal message