Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
"...these capture that better than anything I've ever heard. This includes million dollar Wilsons."

Visited the only North American dealer with the speaker on display? Have a friend who bought one of the 70 slated for production?

https://www.lmche.com/

I'm glad to hear your new Moab speakers please you so much Millercarbon.

Now that you have a more linear midrange, see what you've been missing?  ;-)

I bet they sound really great.
"I know it doesn't make me popular. Too freaking bad."

Do not be so modest. You managed to start a thread of 28 pages (so far) about exactly nothing. With that talent you could have opened the most popular bar in town.
speedbump6-
Miller, your approach makes a lot of sense.

Indeed it does. Thanks. That's why I've been doing it for like 30 years, and why its the approach espoused here from day one.

Now I have a question. Was just thinking about this. I’ll be using a Bryston 14bsst2 amp for my Ulfers, and two separate 7 channel 300 watt per channel, all channels driven amps for the rest of speakers. I am wondering if I should add another Bryston for the moabs, since those are 600 watt @8 ohms amps, to balance the fronts and rears, and both sets of speakers are able to handle the higher wattage. Also since the tektons are rated at 4 ohms while the rest of the surrounds and atmos speakers are rated at 8. Supposedly the amps can handle the mix, but was wondering if it would be worthwhile to go ahead and separate them.

The short answer: no, because surrounds never get to much more than a fraction the volume of the fronts. The long answer:

I was just listening to Peter Gabriel In Your Eyes at a volume level on the amp barely 12 o'clock, a "normal loud" level for demos and stuff with the Khorus, several clicks below full loud rock out level. Sorry but I am not gonna drag out the meter, just trust me when I say its good and loud. So just now I'm way below that on the amp but way above that on the sound level in the room.

The Moabs are so clear and effortless even at this high level there's just no sense of strain or glare and its not even the least big fatiguing. It is however LOUD! Percussive peaks are so viscerally powerful it has my brain going, "Uh, wait a minute- I know we like this but, uh, what about our ears?" And the ears are like, "Yeah no big but if he keeps it up we're gonna be ringing him up a long term reminder, if you get my drift." And so we the millerbrainear collective agree to finish the song and then turn it down.

That's just two Moabs. You add in two Ulfs and a Center. I do not think power will be a problem for you.