If I have good local shops available, should I restrict my purchasing?

So, the title of this post is a bit tendentious — I'm actually interested in a canvas of the ethical landscape. Let me explain….

A few different reviewers I like (Guttenberg, others) have made mention of how important it is to support one's brick and mortar shop, should one have one near enough to visit. I actually have several, though a bunch of them are actually installation businesses that also sell gear.

As I've spent time in these shops listening and learning, I've also gained an amazing education online (thank you Audiogon, YouTube) about the variety of audiophile gear out there — including older gear, and gear made by small, independent artisans. They too deserve support and patronage.

What I'm struggling to determine is how to spend as ethically as possible. Assuming (1) a reasonably good selection and (2) reasonable prices, what do you think is the ethical thing to do as regards audiophile equipment? (I am NOT talking about major manufacturers such as Denon, Yamaha, etc.)

Here are some options, placed roughly on a spectrum. Where would you place yourself?

(a) "Totally limit to the local shop." All purchasing of audio would be restricted to what is available locally. No buying of gear auditioned locally online or used.

PLUSES: supports the local merchant and a place to hear new gear while providing the listener with products that meet the threshold of good audio.
MINUSES: Costs more, limits brand options, cuts out many small makers who sell from far away.

(b) "Partially limit to the local shop." Some (not all) purchasing of audio would be restricted to what is available locally. No buying used or online what is available locally. Exceptions would include products from small makers who sell direct.

PLUSES: supports local merchant, but not as much. Expands brand options, supports small makers. May influence local merchant to carry more artisanal lines (assuming they get the message somehow).
MINUSES: Costs more, less support for local merchant.

(c) "No limits where to buy, but truly audiophile-level products available new should be bought new." Purchasing could be done anywhere, but avoiding used versions of products that are presently available new would be prioritized to support the manufacturer and/or dealer carrying them. This could include the local shop or the online dealer.

PLUSES: Supports makers and those who carry new, good gear. Vintage gear is still ok to buy.
MINUSES: Costs more, reduces support for those making deals and discounts available.

(d) "No limits, period." Any product can be bought anywhere. You can go listen in your local shop and then surf online to buy it discounted or used. If this continues the trend of the disappearance of brick and mortar stores, that's fine. The number of direct to consumer companies will increase, and that model may be the next evolutionary step.

PLUSES: Cost savings (discount, used, etc.); flourishing of new direct businesses; continued health of used markets; increased importance of online reviewers (professional and amateurs).
MINUSES: Traffic and pollution from even more delivery vehicles; demise of curatorship role in audio stores, and the face-to-face relationships they foster. Demise of place to see gear simultaneously and do comparison listening.

This is just a sketch of the ethical landscape. I undoubtedly left our options and supporting/detracting pluses or minuses.

If you've thought about the ethics of your audio purchasing and have some thoughts, I'd like to hear what you take to be ethically relevant.

128x128hilde45
Audio Visual Therapy are great guys to deal with.   Just bought my son a pair of Audeze headphones there,  I always look to them first.    
Succesful salesmen connect with their customer. That said I bought a headphone amp direct from the manufacturer Headamp. Because he doesn't have dealers. The only way to audition one is if he pops up at a show or your friend has one. Got it in blue naturally.

https://www.headamp.com/products/blue-hawaii-se?variant=28220574728256&gclid=CjwKCAjw0_T4BRBlEiwAwoEiAVtgS6xo6Su00iuFlAj85bxf2ZWNiM1uSjf91XB0cYSNy-zoYjWDlhoCHwIQAvD_BwE
I have no reluctance to buying on line but I’m not going to use a brick and mortar store as an auditioning studio then take my business to an online seller. 
As far as supporting a local brick and mortar store, I have no problem trying to direct my business to a good shop. If it’s not a good shop, well then, no loyalty. 
For instance, where I live our last brick and mortar store closed ages ago. At one point it was a good place. Founder retired, and his son took over. Dramatic downturn at that point. The son was wanting for sales ethics. Example- in the early days of digital a friend bought Apogee speakers, a Denon CD player (1560?) and Perraux amplification. His CD player developed a fault. He brought it in and was told he needed a new CD player. Knowing I tinkered in electronics, my friend asked me to take a look. Popped the top. Immediately clearly saw a bad solder joint. Reflowed  it and repair complete. 
There were other less that complimentary stories about the place that were going around. Every time I pass the former location I shake my head and think “what a shame” 
@zavato Good story. Sometimes the habits and manners of good customer service aren't passed down. I sometimes find myself bewildered with one local shop, thinking, "Didn't I just spend $5k with you? Doesn't that mean enough for you to answer my email?"