Speakers to pair with Elicit-R / Rega Planar 6?

I am in the market for a pair of floorstanding loudspeakers for a medium size room. I have:

Rega Planar 6
Shiit Mani phono preamp
Rega Elicit-R

I have not heard compelling things about Rega’s speakers and wanted to get any recommendations on a speaker set that might pair well? I play classical/pop music mostly.  

Budget < $3k

Thanks so much for any feedback you have!
bound4h
What sound characteristics of system and speaker performance are most important to you?
I currently have a couple B&W 602 Series 3's and a couple B&W Matrix HTM's (basically two centers used in Stereo setup).  I swap between the two and the HTM's are clearly better (even though much older).  I'm a bit amateur when it comes to hifi, so no judgement please :D

I am looking for floorstanding as I want a bit more lower end.  I know this probably isn't practical, but I enjoy some classical so I want the crisp vocals and piano but also listen to harder/faster music (rock) and would love the brightness.  Not sure if that combination even exists or if it's contradictory.  

I've explored the Spender line but unless buying used it's pretty pricey.

@ruebent: I would HIGHLY suggest you invest the small sum of money and pick up the Mani.  You will not be disappointed.

Thanks everyone for your comments thus far!!!

Have you ever considered Magnepan’s? I don’t know what you have for an amp or the size of your room But you could Magnepan 1.7i and a REL Acoustics T/5i subwoofer. The Maggies are ~$2k depending on options. The REL costs $599 at UpscaleAudio.com. Total less $3K.

I have the 1.7is and a REL Strata III subwoofer. They make music sound real. You read reviews about 1.7i on The Absolute Sound.

Gerald

Post removed