Best route to go for new dac?

Hello. I am looking for a better dac. I am currently using My MacBook Pro with a dragon fly red. Audioquest golden gate 3.5mm to RCA to McIntosh Ma 252. audio quest type 4 to Revel Perfoma3 F206 Speaks and SVS SB3000 sub. The sub has Audioquest Black lab IC. I have around 1000 bucks. Best route to go? I mainly use Tidal. Thank you!

128x128discopete
The Denafrips Ares II is a chipless ladder DAC that is well reviewed. A/B it alongside the chip-based D90 others here mentioned to determine which sound signature you prefer. Either way you cant go wrong IMHO.
I bought a Topping D90 after reading glowing reviews and close to perfect measurements. Tried to live with it for almost 4-5 weeks, but it didn't connect with me emotionally. I sold it to a friend of mine who absolutely loves the DAC ... he has had many low-to-mid-fi DACs and prefers the Topping by a wide margin. Truth be told, it actually sounds amazing in his system.

The moral of the story is that there is just no way you can know for sure whether you would like a DAC or not until you hear it in your own system, regardless of what the measurements are telling you.
My experience with Topping D90 was the same as another person here. It’s very nice “for the price”. I’m in love with Schitt Modius. For 200 bucks it’s a complete steal, livens up the music. My source is a simple Mac Mini. Love it and can’t recommend it highly enough. 
Edit...."The Best SINAD #s"....Did not mean to say "Lowest".  Higher is actually preferred. 
I had the Topping D70 for about a week. It looked great on paper but it was too clinical to me.