Anthem STR or Naim Uniti Nova for Paradigm Persona 3F?

Hi all, 

I'm planning AV for new construction with my family and the centerpiece will be the stereo system. I auditioned the Paradigm Persona 3F, powered by an Anthem STR integrated amp, and fell in love. So, now that I've got my speakers picked, I need to find an amp that sounds great but also fits the following criteria:
  • Simplicity is going to be key for this system. While I don't mind messing with multiple pieces of equipment to play a CD or stream music, my family does not have the same patience. 
  • The fewer boxes, the better for the same reasoning as above. If an amp has a built in network streamer or CD player, that's not a negative for me. 
  • Most of the music being played will be digital, so the amp has to have a great DAC. I'm open to a separate DAC but I don't feel it'd fit my budget easily. 
  • Budget for the amp is ideally around 6k, but I am able to go higher if the amp incorporates another component, such as a network streamer. 
  • Home Theater Bypass is ideal, as I will be incorporating the system into a small HT setup. That said, 2ch music is the priority and what will the system will be used for the most. 
My current plan was this: I would use my Blu-ray player, either a Sony UBP-X1000ES or Panasonic DP-UB9000, as a CD transport. I am open to a separate transport if people feel that it would be better, but again, less boxes is better. That leaves only network streamer as the other digital source, which could be separate or could be incorporated into the amp. Currently, I am between the Anthem STR integrated and the Naim Uniti Nova. Here are my thoughts on both:

The Anthem STR sounded great on the Personas, although it's the only amp I auditioned them on. When I go back, I will try more. The included ARC room correction might be very useful to me, as these speakers will be in a large, long room with no ability for treatments other than a rug or two. Maybe the room correction will help in such a room more than a nicer amp... The cheaper price and higher power was nice, and integration into Control4 plus HT Bypass is ideal. 

I have not yet heard the Naim Uniti Nova, but it's reputation is great. I particularly like having the network streamer built in, but I worry that the power output may be too low. I will not likely be able to audition these on the Personas, so if anyone has heard this duo, or any of the Uniti line with them, I'd be grateful to hear your thoughts. Control4 integration is available but no HT Bypass... 

My dealer also has a Moon 340i that I heard with some B&Ws that sounded wonderful. He praised the DAC in it and I'd be open to this as well, but since it does not incorporate a CD player or network streamer and is near the top of my theoretical price range, I'm less inclined. That said, since I can audition it with the Personas, I likely will. 

Anyway, I'd be very grateful if people could weigh in on the STR vs the Nova (and 340i, if inclined), but I'm open to any thoughts on these speakers and powering them in general! Thanks in advance. 

bpryan
A warm integrated with DAC I have read that is supposedly better than the STR is the Krell 300i. The STR separates are also supposed to be much better than the STR integrated.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/krell-k-300i-integrated-amplifier

I do not think integrateds like the neutral Hegel 390 or 590 would sound good with the Persona. You need something that is warm sounding. I loved the Persona 3F myself and may end up with them.

I heard the 3F with the follwowing NAD gear.

Preamp/Streamer:
https://nadelectronics.com/product/m12-digital-preamp-dac/
https://nadelectronics.com/product/dd-bluos/

Amp:
https://nadelectronics.com/product/m22-stereo-power-amplifier/

This gear was relatively low cost and sounded OK. Not the best but given the price the sound was good..This gear was also a little warm and nicely complemented the Be drivers on the Persona. If this piques your interest go and check out the NAD Master M33. It has a DAC | Streamer | amp. However, the big thing for me is that it has the new Purifi amp technology. It is supposed to be something special. NAD is the first company to release a component with the Purifi module. Others will follow (I am waiting), however, the target audience for the M33 is likely people such as yourself. I am more interested in a simple Purifi amp without the DAC and streamer.

A recent review in Soundstage for the Magio A1 speaker tested the speaker with both a $40K Constallation amp and a $4K Purifi prototype stereo amp (not available for sale). The reviewer (one of my fav’s) said they sounded the same and preferred some aspects of the Purifi tech over the uber expensive Constallation amp.

I use an Anthem STR Preamp in my main system, and I like it very much.

The other unit I'm familiar with is the Naim Uniti, which I've played music through several times at a local dealership. My impression is, it's a first-class piece of gear. It sounds great and was easy and trouble-free to operate.
yyzsantabarbara and mike_in_nc, I’ve heard lots of people praise the STR separates over the integrated. I’d love to do separates, but it’s twice as much. The preamp alone is almost the price of the integrated, and having a 400wpc power amp may be overkill. That said, I just learned last night that we won’t put a TV in the main room (it’s a vacation house) so I can dedicate it to stereo! So, I may be able to adjust my budget for the separates. That said, what’s the real difference that justifies the extra cost, do you know? I can’t find great concrete details. I know the power amp is beefier, but does the preamp feature a nicer DAC or something?

I’d love to try out the Krell, as many have recommended that as well, but I can’t really find a dealer near me to demo or buy from, so I’m not sure its an option for me unfortunately. I’ve also been interested with the NAD, but again, not a lot of dealers...

mike_in_nc, do you remember what speakers you demoed the Naim on? I know wpc isn’t everything and that a well designed amp can easily beat out a poorly designed one with more power, but since I can’t easily demo with the Personas (short of buying it and returning it if I don’t like it, as there are a few Naim dealers with the Uniti series available for demo near me but none with Paradigm on the floor), I’d still be worried if it had enough power to make the Personas really shine.