Very best sounding Vinyl

So first I did search back to 2014 to see if there was a thread on this subject but only found threads that dance around the topic but not directly on point. If I missed then copy the link here and I’ll delete.

Started building my record collection and have about 20 so far but clear and away the two very best recordings are Joni Mitchell’s Blue and the infamous Come away with me Norah Jones. Of course its the vocals and the acoustic instruments but no denying the top notch quality recording.

So what else is out there on that level - any genre? To show off your system....similar to the home theater bluray lists. 

aj523
If you stick to the general rule of original pressings from the country of original, you have the biggest change of getting the best sound. Collectors know this, which is why these pressings are usually the most sought after and expensive.

First pressings may have great snob appeal, but the smart audiophile collector should look for second pressings that are often very close in sound to the original and cost much less. Good example is Blue Note. Original label pressings made by Plastylite (identified by the ’ear’ in the dead wax) cost a small fortune these days, but slightly later new york or liberty pressings (without the ’ear’) sound almost identical. At least as long as they were mastered by engineer Rudy van Gelder (identified by ’RVG’ or ’vangelder’ stamped in the deadwax). These pressings can still be found at reasonable prices. This high quality ’second pressing’ option applies to many other labels as well.

With this strategy you can find your own hot pressings, which is much more fun than having someone else do it for you.

Good points indeed edgewear.

Discogs and Google are your friends in this endeavor.

Stay safe!
Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat (45rpm, Cisco I think) is very pleasant.

Ferit Odman - Dameronia With Strings sounds quite good.

Procol Harum - Procol Harum (2003 Classic Records, I think) is the one that matters.