Lumin T2 burn in time?

Hi, I just got a Lumin T2 streamer 3 days ago, and have been playing it continuously for 3 days.   So far I think the sound is pretty good.  Great details with excellent spaciousness.   However, I find the bass to be a little bit thin.   I'm comparing this to my current Cambridge Audio 851N streamer.   The Lumin is 3x the price of the 851N.

My question for you Lumin owners - how long of a burn in period are you giving your streamer/dac before it reaches its optimal sound?  and do you think the bass will improve with the burn in?   

Overall I do like the sound, but if the bass department doesn't improve, it would be a show stopper for me.   Another thing I wished I had known before purchasing this unit is the lack of remote control.   The Lumin App is not bad, but the lack of basic control via an infrared remote is a real bummer.    I'm not looking for full fledged feature set from a remote, just basic rewind, forward, start, and stop.   It saves me the hassle of opening my phone every time to perform these simple tasks.   

Anyway thanks in advance!
128x128xcool
@xcoolHave you considered buying a relatively cheap tablet for dedicated use controlling your T2?  I really enjoy mine, and keep it propped up in view to see what’s playing. It’s always there when you need it, like an infrared remote, but so much more useful. Then, if you are not near the tablet you can also pull out your phone as well. I have found that both can be active at the same time. 

Thanks @rockrider Not a bad suggestion at all.  I have 2 iPads at home but they are primarily used by my daughter and my wife.   Can you recommend a cheap tablet?  I'm an Apple user, but as you know, Apple stuff are never cheap :-(
I went with a $300 iPad since I’m an Apple guy too. That seems relatively cheap compared to the $1000 you were willing to pay for an IR remote. :^}  There are much less expensive Android tablets available, but I chose to stay with Apple to avoid the learning curve. 

Hi there

Wow, I'm so glad, that I found your thread. I have exactly the same problem.

I have a Cambridge Audio 851N and want to upgrade to a better one. So I got a new Lumin T2 from a hifi store for testing at home.

Great dynamic and precise sound quality. But thin in the bass and to cold in the general timbre. I really hope, that this gets better when it is burnt in.

What was your story with the Lumin T2?

Hey @edin123 check out one of my last posts in this thread.   The Lumin T2 did sound better after some initial burn in and the bass had improved.   I think the Lumin crew recommended at least 200 hours of burn in.  I also added a sBooster power supply later on, and it seems to improve the bass further, but not drastically though.

Overall I'm very happy with the Lumin T2.  I'm now waiting to see if Lumin will be updating their flagship DAC X1, perhaps a X2, in the near future.   When that happens, I will consider upgrading my T2 to the latest and greatest model.