Who says cables don't make a difference?

Funny, after all these years, people still say things like "you wasted all that money on cables". 
There are still those who believe cables don't make a difference.
I once did marketing for a cable line I consider to be about the best-Stealth Audio Cables. 
One CES, I walked the rooms with the designer/owner, Serguei Timachev. He carried a pair of his then new Indra interconnects. Going from room to room he asked the room runners to replace their source to preamp IC with the Indra. There was not one that was not completely flabbergasted and said that the Indras blew away what they were using. That was the skyrocketing of Indra and Stealth. The Indra became one of the best reviewed cables ever.
Serguei now makes the Sakra-an IC that blows away the Indra!
I don't understand why some still do not value cables as much as I.
mglik
All along we were just being TESTED????? This had me traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. Next stop .......... The Audio-Zone!

cleeds3,114 posts07-14-2020 2:07pm

@roberttdid if you are really serious about conducting some blind tests, please provide us with some details about your plan.

He already did, when posting under atdavid account. In a conversation with Mike Powell:

atdavid736 posts11-18-2019 11:23amI am there for work every 8 weeks approximately, but no guarantees on a Friday. I am certainly in. I don't think it matters if me or Dimora is a believer or not, as long as you are. If you can pick your cables out blind (or between a basic shielded cable and yours) then you have proved they make a difference.

I don't know whether this ever materialized. Mike ?
cleeds, Robert doesn’t even realize when he’s been out scienced on his blind testing theories, he never will. He could and would never settle for a true blind test don’t by independent researchers who could care less about what the results show. No matter how it was done, even if he initially agreed the process was sound, he would find the faults in the methods if the results didn’t turn out as he wished. He’s mad that point abundantly clear. Robert, scientific testing isn’t done to prove a personal theory, it’s done to prove the facts, wherever that leads. I’m sure if such a test were ever conducted, you would be trying to get your hands into it, telling them the  “ proper” way to conduct it ( to hopefully get the results you want) me, I’d let real experts decide the most unbiased way to perform said tests. Because in the end, it wouldn’t bother me in the least whatever the result might be. I know what I did was not quite that level, but more then close enough for skeptic in me to be convinced.as I’ve said before, that’s not the idea I went in with, or the result that I expected. I am absolutely convinced that the testing method was such that hat I heard was not altered in any way, and if I did have a bias before the testing, it was towards expecting not being able to hear any differences. The difference is, I’m open to being shown something new. I’m not arrogant enough to to believe that I know everything, or that I’ve heard everything, or that I can pre determine a product completely by measurements. 
speedbump
cleeds, Robert doesn’t even realize when he’s been out scienced on his blind testing theories, he never will ...
@speedbump6, I’m not sure you’re right. I think Robert is a pretty smart guy.

He’s a sophist who’s sometimes here to argue for argument’s sake, but I think he also recognizes that some of his rigid assertions just aren’t supportable. His content would be a lot more useful if he’d acknowledge that a little more clearly.

Outscienced? 

You guys are literally anti-science. You don't even know what the question is, so how could you design an experiment. Call me what you want Cleeds, but the experiment is very clear, and the thing being tested is not the cable, it's the audiophile. My assertions are not rigid, they are accurate and informed, that is why in another thread I am arguing against someone who I know is blindly based on a very limited knowledge set claiming essentially you can't get noise via USB from a computer ....