Reference 3a Decapo Anniversary

Hi everyone.  I've been in this hobby for more than 40 yrs and have heard and owned a wide range of gear. A recent purchase of the above speakers prompted me to post my first discussion  topic.  I am simply shocked at how good these speakers  sound. Colorful, clear, dynamic, open, even handed, vivid and alive but  not fatiguing. transparent-you name it. Essentially,  I find no fault with them. The beryllium tweeter is amazing. They work with various electronics and minimal fuss. Some might want a sub but in a copacetic room I would  say its optional. I wont belabor the point further but to anyone who gas been frustrated with this hobby, especially  speakers do yourself  a favor and search these out. 

Regards
Bruce 
128x128anvil_turntables
I haven't heard the anniversity edition of this classic but am currently listening to the most recent iteration prior to the anniversity. I've been listening to the DeCapos, my second pair, since 2013. These are the real deal, a speaker for the music lover. Their uncanny ability to conjoin all the emotions in listening to music. It ain't complicated, pretty simple actually. Bottom line is you don't have to spend a bundle, just trust your ears and put your energy into refining your system to realize what is possible for such a reasonable investment. The DeCapos are reference speakers in the purest sense. The ability to suspend your belief you are listening to an audio system on the best recordings, and ability to connect to the emotional message of the musical performance. They are indeed special, most notably at their price point but also beyond. I love these speakers!

Consider subwoofers. These speakers are, after all, monitors. You just aren't going to get sufficient bass from a monitor loudspeaker. But even without a sub you may be surprised and can go from there per your needs and taste.
My thoughts exactly. They are so easy. I just plopped them down and fired them up with a non ideal solid state integrated and was swept away.  Although I will certainly  try to optimize them it's not a huge priority.  If this makes me a fan boy or pumper I dont care, lol. 
Bought these after researching sites like this.  Damn what an upgrade.  Scored a used pair of i's in cherry for a great price.  10 years now.  Run with my 4 watt Decware mini torii
Absolutely amazing speakers. Let mine get away for Spatials, but would have no problem ever going back. One of the best deals in the business.
I don't know the specific speakers you are listening to but in the 1990's I owned a pair of Reference 3A speakers.  Master Control MMC if I remember correctly.  Marvelous speakers, they sat on Sound Anchor stands.  I traded a pair of Acoustat Spectra 22's for them.  The Acoustats were still my favorites but the Reference 3A's were wonderful.  Owned them for a long time.