Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
"... a little longer than expected, but not bad all things considered."

Many things being imported from Far East are a little delayed these days. Ships had a hard time docking, etc.
Anyone in the virginia/NC/DC area have Moabs, DI, or the like and would be up to audition them?

Oz

Because I sold my Talon Khorus a lot faster than expected. Put them on CL and got lucky, had them priced high for wiggle room but the first guy to hear them was so impressed he didn't even try and negotiate. In fact I wound up selling him an old Tim deParavincini Product 8 amp and some stuff from my old cable drawer, altogether almost enough to cover the Moabs. So what was I gonna do? lol!   
millercarbon...I knew you couldn't resist. At the beginning of the thread you said the thread was about your new speakers. You made it clear you didn't want any distractions from the topic of your choice. You didn't even want people to comment on the ugliness of the speakers (I personally could not care less about the looks of the speakers. I agree with you it's all about the sound.) You broke your own rule for this thread when you turned it political with "fake pandemic". You started it millercarbon.