LP - first needle drop or 2nd or 3rd??

Been recording my LP’s  to cd for quite a while,
  recently bought the Coven box set (which is simply beautiful, never bought such an amazing box set)
 felt box, flag, heavy pristine LP’s, signed numbered certificate by Jinx, one of the best box sets I’ve ever purchased.

Anyway, question is: would I get the best sound from the first play, or play them all once or twice, to get the proper groove cut, and get the LP’s accustomed to my stylus, and record at the 2nd play?

P.s. the Coven band predated the first Black Sabbath album by 4 months.
first song is titled Black Sabbath,   Hhhhmmmmmmm.......

first occult album is by Coven, it’s a stellar release, if you haven’t heard of them, worth a listen.
 Parents had 2 Coven records, I remember as a kid, traded them being dumb?
 Box set is simply amazing!!
128x128arcticdeth
Handled properly, an LP can endure hundreds and hundreds of playings with no noticeable degradation, so I don't think it matters on which playing you decide to record it. I certainly don't think an LP becomes "accustomed" to a stylus and if it does, it suggests the LP was damaged somehow in playback.

What I do think is critical is that the LP be scrupulously clean. Even a new LP should be cleaned before playing.
An LP can only endure so much depending how the material and how it was recorded.  Gary from Genesis Speakers did a demo and he had special recordings made that could only be played around ten times before he said the sound would degrade.  Go figure.