Best isolation platform for a turntable with suspension?

Hey all,

I have an Avid Volvere turntable which has a spring suspension system. Sounds great!

But - my rack isn’t the best. Since Corona and inertia are making upgrading my rack impractical right now, I was thinking I could improve things by putting the Avid on an isolation platform.

My question: since the table already has suspension, what should I look for in an isolation platform? High-mass rigid platform like a Mapleshade? Mass + a different type of isolation like the Isoacoustics Delos? Low-mass but high-rigidity like a BDR shelf + BDR cones?

Help!
hudsonhawk
I own Symposium Acoustics products and found them to be amazing performers for my turntable.  You can call them directly and speak with the owner.  Peter is his name.  He is very bright on the subject and is very willing to help you get the correct product for your particular needs.  He makes a variety of products to choose from and, depending on your budget, will match the best performance possible.  Easy to find the company information via a Google search.  They are located in New Jersey so understand that, relative to time zones.
Good luck to you.
Suggestion:

Place your turntable on a platform made of slate 30/40 mm thick and square on plan. Under the slate use three Ingress Engineering cup and rollers in a equilateral triangle configuration.

I predict excellent results from this low cost solution.
Thanks for the suggestions all! Lots to think about here.

Re: Symposium - I looked at their stuff but since it uses springs I was thinking that it wasn’t going to do much for me since the Avid already uses springs as well. But maybe I’m wrong about how these things work.

Leaning BDR at the moment but looking through these all.
I have tried granite, MDF, cork, rubber and all the variations. I finally got a 4 inch thick maple block and it sounds the best. I have read those EXPENSIVE electron microscope platforms are the bomb. But if you only had so much money to use then you would probably be better off getting a better TT. LOL.
Your Avid TT, utilizing a floating sub-chassis, would not do well with the Symposium Segue ISO for the very reason that internal springs combined with external springs is not a good combination as they would "fight" one another.  My suggestion is to get in touch with Peter at Symposium and discuss their other options.  The standard Segue platform (no springs), when "coupled" with your TT is what makes for the performance enhancement.  The platform uses a constrained layer design and is an excellent isolator itself, preventing external vibration from making it's way to the TT.  But the other half of the equation is to drain internal vibration out from the TT.  The basic premise of the floating sub-chassis is to isolate the playing mechanisms of tonearm/platter/cartridge from the vibration of the motor and main chassis, as well as that from external vibration.  However, it isn't a perfect solution and there still remains internal vibration that, ideally, you want to drain from ever reaching the playing mechanisms.  A direct coupling with the TT, known as a mechanical ground, is the solution for this.  With Symposium products there is a less expensive coupler to use, such as the Fat Padz.  But the far superior device is the Rollerblock Jr or Jr +.  The combination of an isolation platform with a mechanical ground delivers outstanding results.  Depending on the size of the platform (there are several sizes available to accommodate different sizes of TT) and your choice of mechanical ground device, the combined cost can range from $250 to $550.  Everyone has their own opinion on cost/value return on investment.  For me, spending $600 on a Segue ISO and Rollerblock Jr + was an excellent value in what I got for what I spent.  The results went beyond my best expectations.  Money well spent.  
Best to you on achieving your performance solution.  Be healthy.