Best isolation platform for a turntable with suspension?

Hey all,

I have an Avid Volvere turntable which has a spring suspension system. Sounds great!

But - my rack isn’t the best. Since Corona and inertia are making upgrading my rack impractical right now, I was thinking I could improve things by putting the Avid on an isolation platform.

My question: since the table already has suspension, what should I look for in an isolation platform? High-mass rigid platform like a Mapleshade? Mass + a different type of isolation like the Isoacoustics Delos? Low-mass but high-rigidity like a BDR shelf + BDR cones?

Help!
hudsonhawk
Floor type is wood, probably over poured concrete. It’s an apartment building so i can’t be sure but it’s really solid which makes me think concrete.
sounds like your floor is pretty good, that’s a big positive. typically that is where you run into limitations.

what rack are you currently using? you mention it’s not the best. that might be where you start first. a good rack does not need to get crazy expensive.

whatever shelf or footers you add will essentially become part of that rack and the effectiveness of those added items will be limited by the rack.
Roller bearings will not adversely interact with your table’s spring suspension, and will provide isolation in the lateral planes (the springs do well in the vertical). Great ones are available from Ingress Engineering in Canada, Symposium Acoustics in the U.S.A.