An Artist's Pinnacle

We've had so many threads about favorite releases by an artist, best debut recordings etc., but I'm don't think that I have seen anyone ask this before. My question is this: Pick one or more solo artists, or bands or music from any genre. What release do you think marked the pinnacle of their artistry?
I could think of many, but the idea was sparked in my mind yesterday when I was thinking once again that for REM, it was Life's Rich Pageant. They were once a favorite band, but I eventually got really tired of Michael Stipe's nonsense. Anyway, that's not the point. Continuing with the rock genre, I will say Dirt was the peak for Alice in Chains, and Rocks was the top for Aerosmith. Only thinking of those examples because I was just listening to them yesterday.
I'm really interested in everyone else's thoughts, and I'll have a whole lot more as I think about it.
128x128roxy54
Just Won't Burn by Susan Tedeschi, comes to mind as it was her second album and never really equalled by her later offerings. Enjoy the music
Post removed 
Just Won't Burn by Susan Tedeschi, comes to mind as it was her second album and never really equalled by her later offerings.
+1
Roxy:

Yes, you are correct as "Sara Smile" was later on.

Memory is an odd thing, but with your prod I now recall where I was living when it (the song) was often/continuously played on radio, which would place it to the mid 70's.

Never owned any of their LP's, but this particular song (as well as a handful of others) have been earwigs that live with me to this present day.

In the late 70's I did an off the cuff instrumental of "Sara Smile", in a dive bar on East Sunset in Hollywood during a band break, and the audience loved it (I was backed by a killer keyboard player who also did not take smoke/other breaks).

This became a regimen @ this bar and the keyboard player eventually brought in a few Beatle'ish songs to blend with "Sara Smile".

One was "Baby I'm Amazed" and I don't recall the title of the other, but LOVE was in the chorus.

We also did a LOUNGE version of "Over the Rainbow".  

I was always a mediocre musician, but sometimes had moments when playing with stellar/IMO musicians.

What's your opinion of the version (from Daryl's House) with the young girl from Fritz's band?

Based upon his series "Daryl's House" I have gained the utmost respect for Daryl Hall, which is odd (for me) as I've always been an R&B fanatic, though apparently with limited exposure to later works.

I'll have to think about other artists and Jeff Beck/Clapton would perhaps be a good place to start.

DeKay