Tekton Brisance

Hi audiogon,
The Tekton Brisance seems too good to be true coming with 18"woofer and two harmonic transducers with a DSP controlled 2500 watt included (probable class D) amp at $2,000. Any y'all hear this sub in person? I have a pair of Moabs on order and am thinking of getting a sub to fully flesh out abilities with electronica music. 

protoss71
I chalk it up to the typical audiophile and his inability to understand anything, especially anything not being mindlessly repeated ad nauseum by other audiophiles.

Millercarbon, do you ever get tired of being "holier-than-thou"?

It must be quite a daily weight to bear,  being so much better than the "average audiophile" and still having to interact with them.

DBA has been around a LONG time. We just didn't have cool running high horsepower class d amps. I had 4 bass bins and two Horn bins in the early 70s, All the boxes were ran on 30-40 watts amps, Macs..
Used them at school dances from time to time..2 MC240 and a pair of 30
220-240 watts. The place was rockin... oh yea..

The last 10 years, BASS amps have really became reasonable, with ALL the DSP goodies. 

4 12K Behringers NEW, and a 2496, will do two square blocks of BOOB BOOB under 2500.00 that's a lot of watts, and a lot of control.

8 3000s,16 1500 watters, PA, or HiFi. !40-50 DB....
You could double it again 32, 15" 1000 watt drivers..

Lets talk low dollar low distortion, cool running.. BASS...
Gatling gun BASS... Yup that's what I call it...Old hat...Old news

BUT Columns.... that's something the Greek, and Roman could agree on.
I guess Irish too (ME)... I'm gonna contact the guy, on baffles and who make the darn drivers... I bet I won't be surprised. Good wire inside goes a long ways too...I wonder what is being used?

Regards

Yea prof,im with you..this tekton fanboy trys constantly to shove it down our throats...makes me wonder if he's a paid Tekton  employee which others have questioned 
More to discover