Combining a sub-woofer with Bookshelf Speakers

So my speakers are small Cabasse Galiote bookshelf model. Great sound, but little bass. I've been working to combine a REL (Q201E) sub-woofer with them.

The Galiotes technically reproduce 70-20KHZ, but the frequency response curves, as far as I've been able to find them ( the speakers are 30+ years old) suggest there's little below about 100HZ. So I set the roll-off at max (106HZ, I believe) and reduced the Hi-Gain to a very low level (to avoid 'boom').

I'm listening, and it sounds good to me. But does anyone else have experience trying to do this type of thing?

Let me know any thoughts.
128x128gasbose
Thanks, Tim (Noble100)

Yes, my speakers are on wall stands with tweeters at seated ear levels. I'm experimenting with cross-over levels and gain...

I'll read uo on sub crawl... my living room is irregularly-shaped, with a dining area and a staircase leading off one side. Not sure if this is good or bad...

Thanks for the encouragement!

G
I used a REL Q150e by itself for a while and it worked perfectly in my large-ish listening room, then added a Q108MKII which made things even better...the secret to great sub sound is actually really simple...move the sub around (first making sure the phase is correct) until it sounds good. Done.
Hello G,

Wolf has experience and understands the many performance benefits of two subs over just one well.  It does take some time to optimally position and calibrate two subs but it's well worth the effort, I think you'll be very pleased with the results.  Use the sub crawl method to position both and you'll know exactly where to move each sub around to.

Later,
Tim
Thanks, Tim!

I've got limitations on sub positioning as my system is in the living room. But I'll certainly experiment as much as I can.

G