Putting weights on speakers?

IME, putting 20 lb ankle weights on my 150 lb speakers greatly tightened and improved the bass and sound overall. Only problem is that the wife hates it... 
mglik
Pour molten lead over the top. Much better than concrete; better aesthetics and makes a strong  connection with the Earth's magnetic field. See page 34 of my recent tome.  
"Pump up the Volume or Weighting in a Rubber Room."
mahgister, your tweaking program is far beyond my comprehension. I’m sure it does wonders!
Without it the same "supposed to be good" speakers i own, Mission Cyrus 781, sound without life at all like all the others one at various degree before this embedding program ( tweaking dont describe the real problem and dont systematically adress it, and the word tweaking betray it)

With this program implemented i started to smile at  any upgrading urgency like to a no more useful dream finally...This is the results of my rightful triple embeddings problem in audio solved with low cost materials: mechanical resonance dimension, electrical grid dimension, and acoustical dimension....Calling it tweaking dont do justice to this very misunderstood problem nowwhere to be exposed with low cost solutions....

It was not like that at all in my journey beginnings 7 years ago, my journey to makes my dream of a true audio Hi-Fi system true.... But i have very little money to make it so then i was very frustrated reading reviews of my dreamed inaccessible components...

I take the task in my own hand, with serious experiments in listenings.... The rest is my history.... In my thread for details and in my virtual system page....

:)
I had twenty five pound barbell plates on my ProAc studio twos and it helped quite a bit with suppressing cabinet resonance 
I'm one of those guys that pull the drivers and rolls the inside with soundcoat and then peel and stick rubber, (very porous), to boot.

Concrete does work well but it's best to use a very course fiberglass batting also..I used a 20 CF underground vault.. Bell shaped...A block of bass. 1500 lb at least..Depends on the drivers..too.

Weight is good...I have a pair at 395 each. Weight is good...They don't rock. I've never added weight. they always were heavy...250 and up..
Bass bins, who knows.. HEAVY....little ones are 200 lb or so..

Regards
I added 25 lbs to the top of my Maggie's but it was one hell of a balancing act!!